NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoot, I cannot read Chinsese. Got that? Ok R716 though stuck in my mind and I went thru every email I ever had about the board and found it ( R716 ) and babelfish seems to indicate remove ( R716 ) to make Vcore read more close. I take that to actually mean the Vcore would be more accurate with R716 removed. Since the Vcore reading has been way off, removing calibration resistor would about fit the scenario.

I think I will see if I have a soldering tip small enough to get to the SMD R716 and remove it and see if Vcore is more accurate.

RGone...

Guys, desoldering an SMD resistor is not that tough, assuming you have a solder iron. Putting them back on is a bigger challenge. Did DFI say what that resistor was responsible for? I could remove the one on my board as soon as I get home from work, if there's some compelling reason. Knowing what it does would help assess what removing it was supposed to accomplish. IE 1T stable, 166 Divider stable, mem slots 1,3 perform the same as 2,4 etc.

Hoot

Finally figured out why my 2X512 G.Skill is passing Memtest at 9X320 @ 200 2T 2.5-4-3-7, but crashing in Windows: Speed-Fan...! Speed Fan was causing Windows to crash as soon as it it started....

I had the same problem a couple of years ago with MBM5 and/or CPU Idle.

Hoot, I cannot read Chinsese. Got that? Ok R716 though stuck in my mind and I went thru every email I ever had about the board and found it ( R716 ) and babelfish seems to indicate remove ( R716 ) to make Vcore read more close. I take that to actually mean the Vcore would be more accurate with R716 removed. Since the Vcore reading has been way off, removing calibration resistor would about fit the scenario.

I think I will see if I have a soldering tip small enough to get to the SMD R716 and remove it and see if Vcore is more accurate.

RGone...

Thanks for trying that out Rgone - we'll all be eagerly awaiting the results. To be honest I really hope it doesn't come down to needing to do that though.

Edit: Shame my Goot soldering iron will probably be too powerful for this - despite having a perfect tip for the job.

---dens

RGone...

Well, if you're going to do it, I'll hold off. I have 5 different soldering irons for different jobs, including an SMD station for rework. I was hoping it would address one of my problems, but I don't have the "Cold boot flu" on my unit, at least at stock speeds, but it could account for being unable to run 300 HTT, like I could do on my Neo2 Platinum. I'll watch for your results.

Hoot

RGone...

If Vcore is all it fixes, It's not worth doing for me..... :confused:

Sorry... I meaned the booster... :)

My max at the moment, cant get my memory any faster because it just freezes then. The memory does 260mhz 5-2-2-2 T1 on the MSI k8T Platinum of a friend of mine... I dont get it :S Im using the yellow slots atm

What RAM do you have ? something BH5 ? it would be great if you put your machine in your signature, so we all know all the time what you are taking about :)

What RAM do you have ? something BH5 ? it would be great if you put your machine in your signature, so we all know all the time what you are taking about :)

Done...

Now I have more problems... I cant even reach the 180mhz on my memory, back to work again... ill keep u guys informed ;)