NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

yep...

i've never used one before...but if the RAM draws its power from the +5v rail (I THINK!) then you can destroy the board...

what ram do you have??? is it BH-5??? or TCCD??? (or something different :P)

BH-5... so u dont think I can use the Booster?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Vdimm power supply draws power from the +3.3V PSU rail...

Here is a Vdimm mod someone asked me to do:

http://www.rhcf.com/sisubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/31/125.html

well, i THINK you can...but i don't know for sure...

my old EPOX used the +5v rail for the RAM, and for that reason, it was incompatible with the booster, so i did a manual mod for it... :)

check with the OCZ website, they have a compatability listing on there...and ask around at some different forums...this is/was a very highly anticipated motherboard, and im sure there are many people that have one and don't post here...

Guest Lucky

Ive used the Booster from the very 1st startup on this mobo and has been running on 3.6v ever since, no issues at all.

Ive used the Booster from the very 1st startup on this mobo and has been running on 3.6v ever since, no issues at all.

w00t, nice... Im gonna try in 20 minutes. First I want to see if my watercooling is leak free :) Ure reading the voltage on the display of the booster? Or are u measuring on some other points @ the motherboard?

Serves me right for being an early adapter... And after waiting over a year for it, this is what they say? Dunno about you guys but i'd much rather know what the hell the resistor is for before desoldering it.

I dunno if it's even worth returning the board just to get an issue like 1T fixed for me personally. For others it might be.

Yarr, this sucks. Hopefully this can all be put down to speculation and just be fixed with a BIOS update, like half-said in that email...

---dens

:confused: :confused: What?

Sorry... I meaned the booster... :)

/edit

[bimg]http://www.xs4all.nl/~dalfsen/pifast.jpg[/bimg]

My max at the moment, cant get my memory any faster because it just freezes then. The memory does 260mhz 5-2-2-2 T1 on the MSI k8T Platinum of a friend of mine... I dont get it :S Im using the yellow slots atm

Pics are oversized. Please to resize. RGone...