Sign in to follow this  
Clocker

NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

My boards actually been alright in terms of stability *knock on wood*. I'm just having a really hard time getting my 6800 to perform well with it! My performance is sooo bad right now with the board, I might as well pack this board up and go back to my Barton @2.5ghz. Even with the A64 @ 2.35, I'm getting almost 1000 points less than what I was getting with my barton. I thought turning on those options in the bios fixed it. NOpe I was wrong. I'm right back at 4000 points right now. WTF?

Interesting.... my 6800gt flies on this board, especially after making the bios changes someone was speaking of a few pages ago. No probs here with how the GPU acts. Just a bunch of non-gpu related problems :)

The following picture was sent by DFI to several users including myself. My board has a resistor in the spot where the arrow is pointing to.....Does anyone have a board with NO resistor in that spot?

dfipic6ye.jpg

The following picture was sent by DFI to several users including myself. My board has a resistor in the spot where the arrow is pointing to.....Does anyone have a board with NO resistor in that spot?

dfipic6ye.jpg

@RebelsHaven at Forumdeluxx.de everyone have this resistor on his MB

Mines got the resistor as well...just checked it.....damn things are tiny as hell =/

Not good at soldering anyway, but it's ridiculous if there's a resistor that shouldn't be there

Mine has the resistor. Correct me if i'm wrong but this has to do with CPU Voltage only ??? right????

I am now able to set my Cpu voltage correctly now, it still is low by default 1.4 shows 1.38 add the +2 get's it to 1.4v. It's really strange considering i could never adjust it before. Maybe it was a good thing that i stuck these boards back in the box for awhile.

240x11 =2640 240x4x2=1920 (once over 240 4x does not work :(

270x10=2700 270x3x2=1620

300x9=2700 300x3x2=1800

well at least it's working

5 boards are now gone they are running at stock, they have the occasional no post when you first boot it in the morning, that is what i have been told by my customers, they power it down at then they boot fine other than that they are running :) what a relief

How do i edit my profile in the forums????? :) do i need to flash the bios rofl :)

Mine has the resistor. Correct me if i'm wrong but this has to do with CPU Voltage only ??? right????

I am now able to set my Cpu voltage correctly now, it still is low by default 1.4 shows 1.38 add the +2 get's it to 1.4v. It's really strange considering i could never adjust it before. Maybe it was a good thing that i stuck these boards back in the box for awhile.

240x11 =2640 240x4x2=1920 (once over 240 4x does not work :(

270x10=2700 270x3x2=1620

300x9=2700 300x3x2=1800

well at least it's working

5 boards are now gone they are running at stock, they have the occasional no post when you first boot it in the morning, that is what i have been told by my customers, they power it down at then they boot fine other than that they are running :) what a relief

How do i edit my profile in the forums????? :) do i need to flash the bios rofl :)

have you taken off the resistor???

to edit your profile, goto USER CP in the top left-hand corner of the screen...

have you taken off the resistor???

to edit your profile, goto USER CP in the top left-hand corner of the screen...

I do believe Mr. Speedpc was joking :) Maybe we should all try his method of tearing them down and puttin' em back in the box awhile to ferment. Perhaps they get better with age :D

No i have not taken the resistor of any of the boards, and if it is just for cpu voltage is there really a need ????? not sure of the advantages, if there are any.

Speedpc :)

How weird they send a jpg with a red arrow in it, then in the message body

they say rework is needed and to RMA it.

Nothing is said about the picture, maybe it actually NEEDs a resistor there

and you should check that you have one. If not then rma it.

Most rework involves adding a resistor or replacing one of larger resistance.

Otherwise, if you want to take it off, just get a jewlers screwdriver or a needle nose and pop it off.

Sounds like nobody is willing to take this off until it is known what it is.

Would that void the waranty?

Shouldn't DFI rma this for rework since the retailer will just send it to them.