NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Been away from these forums for a while but this has been the board I was waiting on and man what an epic thread.

Can I just ask a couple of questions and see if my assessment of this thread is correct.

939 AGP board is out but "not quite right"

Awaiting a Rev 2 release and/or new BIOS to settle some pretty major issues.

Ball back in DFI's court and waiting for news.

Does that about sum it up?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been away from these forums for a while but this has been the board I was waiting on and man what an epic thread.

Can I just ask a couple of questions and see if my assessment of this thread is correct.

939 AGP board is out but "not quite right"

Awaiting a Rev 2 release and/or new BIOS to settle some pretty major issues.

Ball back in DFI's court and waiting for news.

Does that about sum it up?

That about sums it up...Though the ball has always been in DFI's court, they just haven't learned to dribble yet, let alone make a slam dunk :D

sorry if this is a stupid question, I just moved and I dont have internet at teh new place yet, so forgive my thread ignorance :rolleyes:

Is the 705 Bios any good? Any improvements? Seems like people dont really care for it, but its not horrible. Should I got for it?

And whats this capasitor talk? If you remove it the vcore settings work better? Do you think there will be an RMA?

Thanks...

-JON.

sorry if this is a stupid question, I just moved and I dont have internet at teh new place yet, so forgive my thread ignorance :rolleyes:

Is the 705 Bios any good? Any improvements? Seems like people dont really care for it, but its not horrible. Should I got for it?

And whats this capasitor talk? If you remove it the vcore settings work better? Do you think there will be an RMA?

Thanks...

-JON.

None of the bios are worth risking if yer up and running at the moment...nothing else worth commenting on at the moment.

Today I was looking at the specs of the Lanparty UT NF4 board (not the Ultra -D) and it occured to me that it's a much better board for 2 dollars less! It has the karajan audio, board layout's a bit better (SATA ports in the bottom), better chipset cooler.

Now I feel kind of stupid for staying with AGP and getting the NF3, especially with the NF3 6800 problem and the bad bios issue.

Anybody else here feel a little cheated?

I'm faced with a few options here:

1. Buy this board, despite problems had, and hope DFI fixes it through a Bios upgrade.

2. Wait for revision 2 of this board.

3. Buy the MSI NF3 Ultra and deal with the low memory voltage settings.

And finally, 4. Bite the bullet, save up some more cash, and buy an Nforce 4 board along with a decent PCI Express videocard.

I don't know what to do...

I've never had any luck trying to sell my components...nor do I have money to really make up for the losses I'd encounter.

Already in the works for a possible Rev B board!? Absurd...and sending e-mails regarding removing a transistor....jeez.....this is just ridiculous

Unless you have a PCI-E video card lying around it would be a bit more than $2 even with selling the old AGP card.. besides, you'd miss out on all this fun. :eek2:

Aside from the vcore not being very controlable I'm getting good results. Temp readings are terrible on most NF3 boards. Odds are they will get most of these issues resolved. NF7 sucked in the beginning too and ended up being a great board. Like RGone said, e-mail DFI with your probs. so we get more attention! Don't just classy lady here cause they don't read it.

Fun? LOL, it's been a royal pain in the arse all weekend.

I'll sell it all and go for one of the DFI NF4 boards, they are much more mature, tried and tested.

for one this board is totally unstable with my 2x512mb Patriot PC3200 XBL(Samsung TCCD) even at STOCK SETTINGS!!!!

It's far more stable with my 2x1GB Crucial Ballistix PC4000, but I've still not been able to get it 100% stable at any settings I've tried.