Here's a polite email I got back from DFI from the email address supplied:

Dear Customer

Thanks for your letter of July 10. The board needs to be re-worked,

furthermore, new BIOS has been solved the problem. Please contact with

your retailer and apply for RMA service. I apologize for the

inconvenience may cause you.

Sincerely Yours truly,

DFI Inc.

Why would I RMA if a new (I guess upcoming?) BIOS fixes the problems. Or am I misreading that we all need new boards?

Here are the problems I told them:

1. Undervolting

2. 1T problems

3. 4x512 defaulting to DDR333 for me at 2T, instead of DDR400 at 2T

4. No DDR 200 divider option

5. Reporting of incorrect temps

I also supplied forum links to here and xtremesystems.

correct me if i'm wrong, but those seem to be bios only problems....unless they expect EVERYONE to rma their board which would be an outrageous amount of people...

Dear Customer

Sincerely Yours truly,

DFI Inc.

Yeah, that's a little cryptic although I would assume that they're talking about the 705 bios (even though it clearly does nothing but bring about bad news). It would be really nice to see a new bios though, but I doesn't look like that's what they're getting at, since they tell you to RMA your board.

I'm really hoping for a fix, because this board seems promising, just put in my order for it on Friday (before visiting this forum obviously) from NewEgg. My Sig has the parts I ordered, aside from my 9800 pro. I guess I can always return the board before too long if all doesn't go as planned... But that's just a bummer to think about.

Love the forum people, lots (LOTS) of good information/people here.

Still runnin my trusty rock stable 754 and waiting to see the resolution for the 939 boards. For now im happy with 3940 bandwidth(sandra) and 12,500 (3dmark 03). I'm hoping to see a bios will resolve the issues with the 939 board cuz im eagerly awaiting my upgrade.

Has anybody at DFI ever used a silencend graphics card?

Sadly to say, i think no, cause my graphics card is to big for the chipsetcooler!

I pushed it into the agp slot, but it won´t "snap" into the slot, cause either the chipset cooler or the graphics card cooler is too big. Why has the chipset to be in such a really bad position? Just 5 cm more south would be great. Does anybody know, if theres a cooling solution smaller than 1 cm in heigh for the chipset?

Will the chipset burn, if i just use the little heatspreaders without the (extremly loud) fan?

Or i could try to cut of my zalman (which of course won´t fit) by half :/

Hate it...

So, anybody with an Artic Silencer graphics card should stay far away from this board!

i use the Zalman F700Cu GFX Cooler...it fits much better, as it doesn't extend out from the back of the card...but it does take up the next PCI slot (the silencer's do that too...i still got my NV5 Rev1)

I tried switching to the orange slots, and couldn't run stable at stock speeds with T1, and didn't help my overclocking at all..so, gonna stick with the yellow slots now...

and i've also noticed that there is no 200Mhz setting for my RAM in the BIOS either, but if i leave it on auto, then it goes to 200Mhz...

anyway, im happy, the board is stable for me, only prob is that my Windows XP X64 won't pick up my RAID arracy properly...it shows 1x400Gb Drive and 1x200Gb (i have 2x200Gb in the array), i think i need to re-install it, takes forever to boot up now, prolly cause i changed motherboards :P

Dear Customer

Sincerely Yours truly,

DFI Inc.

Why would I RMA if a new (I guess upcoming?) BIOS fixes the problems. Or am I misreading that we all need new boards?

Here are the problems I told them:

1. Undervolting

2. 1T problems

3. 4x512 defaulting to DDR333 for me at 2T, instead of DDR400 at 2T

4. No DDR 200 divider option

5. Reporting of incorrect temps

I also supplied forum links to here and xtremesystems.

This looks to be a REV.B announcement...

This looks to be a REV.B announcement...

Specualtion boys...speculation. Just remember you are dealing with a language barrier here and trying to "interpret" that response is next to useless...just speculation.

Specualtion boys...speculation. Just remember you are dealing with a language barrier here and trying to "interpret" that response is next to useless...just speculation.

Hope you are right but I read "The board needs to be re-worked.." not "We are working on a bios release"...looks more radical to me

Hope you are right but I read "The board needs to be re-worked.." not "We are working on a bios release"...looks more radical to me

They had to interpret terror's email and then in turn respond back in english...Rgone has already expressed how difficult it is to communicate with these guys and you can tell from that response exactly what he's talking about. We need a savvy Mandarin Chinese speakin mofo who also has a mastery of the english language to help get "the message" across... :D

Or................We all pitch in and pay someone like TicTac to work it out so we have no communication gap. We can either pay him or set him up with a killer rig. I'll donate my OCZ PC4800's which DON'T work at 1T to get this friggin ball rollin!!!!!! AG, you already offered up a motherboard...Anyone else????????????????

Amen

If well donated $1 to TicTac to write us a new BIOS, not only would we have a great BIOS, but he'd have a nice chunk of change for his efforts.....I'd say paying $1 out of my pocket would be worth that

If well donated $1 to TicTac to write us a new BIOS, not only would we have a great BIOS, but he'd have a nice chunk of change for his efforts.....I'd say paying $1 out of my pocket would be worth that

For me is 1 euro.