NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Warning! now sytem is safe mode

Please re-setting cpu frequency in the cmos set up

no matter what bios I use at any frequency I always got the msg at power on. all I have to do is go to bios change NOTHING and reboot...

I can restart all day with no issue but at power on I have to go thru this crap.

is it just my board or does anyone else have this issue?

I think I might have to RMA.

My board do the same at whichever voltage and whichever speed.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I just did these measurements on my setup (see sig). The core voltages are measured at the actual CPU socket using a Fluke 189 Digital Multimeter, idling in Win XP Desktop.

Vcore called for in Bios / Vcore measured at the socket

Default / 1.317

1.400 / 1.328

1.425 / 1.355

1.450 / 1.382

1.475 / 1.410

1.500 / 1.437

1.525 / 1.464

1.550 / 1.494

1.550+.1 / 1.538

1.550+.2 / 1.635

1.550+.3 / 1.681

1.550+.4 / 1.819

That's as far as I go with my not-cheap San Diego :)

Hoot

and what about about the bios report voltage ?

when I select 1.550 +.2 bios show 1.55 and cpuz mbm show 1.56

1.550 +.3 1.6 1.616

so what's real , bios report , yours digital multimeter mesure ? ; I'm lost there .

I notice also that 2+4 works better (yellow bank), (original stock bios 6.02)

at stock 200 2/2/2/5/1t I got error memtest #5 in 1+3(orange bank), but none in 2+4.

It seems that the bank 3 is weak ,at least on my board.

thats alot of vcore what cind of cooling you using and how much did the 629 set your OC back.

The Vcore was left where ever it came out high. I just left it there.... I'm on MAZE4 water cooling with a 3 gallon reservoir, so CPU is running about 33C max load....

9X290 got cut back to about 9X275 with that 629 BIOS.... These parts run 9X300+ in the DFI nF4 Ultra...

I'm having no issue with 1T/2T... 1T is fine.. But I'm running TCCD that does 300+ in other nF3/nF4 boards.... They are in the Orange slots and the system is running Dual Channel....

I am new to 64 platforms, have a nf3 socket 939 board, venice 3000 cpu, generic ram, r9800 and audigy sound card. Using clockgen it freezes or reboots if the htt is set above 245. I have tried lowering the processor multiplier, the htt x2, and the memory to 100 with no results. I have tried bumping the chipset voltage to max. Have I missed something or do I have a lemon?

I have the MC NP on chipset and whit Vga's watherblock support i have some issue. It's very closest whit this support and my 9800pro

Bye

I can't put mine on at all because it hits the little lenghty heatsink that's on my 6800GT....the long heatsink that's used for the mosfets specifically.

I am new to 64 platforms, have a nf3 socket 939 board, venice 3000 cpu, generic ram, r9800 and audigy sound card. Using clockgen it freezes or reboots if the htt is set above 245. I have tried lowering the processor multiplier, the htt x2, and the memory to 100 with no results. I have tried bumping the chipset voltage to max. Have I missed something or do I have a lemon?
The board is finicky as it is plus OC'ing within windows is an easy way to get freezes and overall not stable OC's....of course this is simply my opinion, but why use clockgen when you have a board that's reknowned for it's OC'ing options in the BIOS...

You should have to go no lower than 3x until you start doing an HTT like 333....perhaps you should use the BIOS to make these adjustments and not clockgen.....even then though it wouldn't be uncommon if it still acted up.....everyones getting some weird responses because the boards BIOS is a bit shakey to say the least.

so what's real , bios report , yours digital multimeter mesure ? ; I'm lost there .
Obviously a multimeter is going to be accurate compared to a monitor from the motherboard....however....look at what he posted and what you posted....they are damn close to the same which is what we call "margin of error"

Yours is pretty much doing exactly what his multimeter is showing....it's only off by a tiny amount which generally the voltage is fluctuating when you monitor it anyway......my monitor seems to be producing close to his findings so I'd assume the monitor is pretty damn close to reading the actual voltage, but whatever is told through the BIOS is not actually being supplied

9X290 got cut back to about 9X275 with that 629 BIOS.... These parts run 9X300+ in the DFI nF4 Ultra...

Interesting. The 6/28 BIOS robbed my system of around 20MHz when it came down to SuperPI 1M. 6/02 and 6/29 worked slightly better in providing my CPU with more stability. My findings with the 6/29 release can be found here: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showth...5712#post935712

anyone?

I've had the same problem, and like said I think it's mainly due to a lack of vCore or vDimm. Bump these up and i've had no probs.

Hopefully i'll get a venice tomorrow, but we'll see.

---dens

Guest bobyjo

Way back in this thread, I read by a person's post that the manual is wrong in placement of memory sticks.

Place your sticks in the "SAME" colored slots. IE::slots 1&2 will be dual channel. 3&4 are suposed to work in dual channel also, but I read that most people are gettin excellent results in "1 & 2".

Warning! now sytem is safe mode

Please re-setting cpu frequency in the cmos set up

no matter what bios I use at any frequency I always got the msg at power on. all I have to do is go to bios change NOTHING and reboot...

I can restart all day with no issue but at power on I have to go thru this crap.

is it just my board or does anyone else have this issue?

I think I might have to RMA.

My board do the same at whichever voltage and whichever speed.

Same for me

I've had the same problem, and like said I think it's mainly due to a lack of vCore or vDimm. Bump these up and i've had no probs.

Hopefully i'll get a venice tomorrow, but we'll see.

---dens

A.G & Rgone

Could u guys add this to your list of bios issues. It looks like it might be a sata raid-0 issue or voltage.

Thanks.