NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you check the voltages with a multimeter? Do you just put the probes in an open molex connector? Is it that simple?

Thanks.

Black probe goes on a ground, can be the black wires or just the metal edge of your case, yellow wire is +12v rail and red wire is the +5v rail.

EricMS - I believe that from what I've heard and read the week 20 venices aren't overclocking anywhere near as high as approx 17 and earlier...I say 17 because I don't even think my week 18 is doing all that great =/

I've seen people getting to 2.9GHz and beyond with 1.7v and right now I'm having to use 1.68 or so just to get 2.4GHz stable :( Very disappointing to say the least.

oh ya mine only has 100/133/166 options. I guess if its on auto it sets it at 200 if it automatically can do so...

try setting 166 and test for 220htt and report if that works or not.

Nubius, what if you drop your voltage down to like 1.5v, it won't boot at 2.4ghz then?

Guest Swagman6531
Swagman6531

I noticed in your sigh you moded your video card to a X800TX PE.

How did u do that?

was that a bios flash

well first you gotta find out what type of x800pro you have. It has to be a VIVO version which means that there is a yellow video in plug right next to your 4-pin molex plug on the back of your card. If you don't then you got one of the newer ones after ATI started to Laser-cut the the chips so that the users couldn't unlock the four extra pipelines.... anyways here is a link that has perfect instructions how to flash and the programs to do it too....

http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/overclocking/vidcard/100

Nubius, what if you drop your voltage down to like 1.5v, it won't boot at 2.4ghz then?
Well when it was set to 1.55 + .3 I was watching a show on my computer with prim95 running and it froze.... 1.55 + .3 shows up at about 1.61 in voltage monitors....now I put it to 1.50 + .4 and it's showing as 1.675 or around there....and it's been running prime95 and watching shows for maybe an hour now....I haven't tried simply lowering it, but I'm fairly certain it won't boot....of course I don't feel like resetting the CMOS now so I'm not about to try it :P

Also I found out, that when I set the Tref to 200MHz, 3.9us in the BIOS, it shows up as 200MHz 15.6us in AMD64 tweaker =/ I actually loosened a lot of the timings, and my memory bandwidth went up lol....

hmmm I wonder if there is another thing that is holding you back, what is your hypertransport speed at? Is this your first amd 64 board? Can you lower the cpu multi and raise the HTT to where you would hypothetically be going faster?

I must say i am a NOOB at AMD overclocking, so i want to ask some questions before posting. Would it be better to get 295HTT and use 133 divider for the memory? Or is having 260HTT 1:1 better? The SuperPi scores are like 4 seconds faster when at 295HTT, but then the memory is at 100 divider.

Anywho, here are my results. I'm sure with an OFFICIAL bios i'd hit 300 easy.

But can someone answer my questions? And is this a good OC for these bios?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/eBoy0/overclock.jpg

I must say i am a NOOB at AMD overclocking, so i want to ask some questions before posting. Would it be better to get 295HTT and use 133 divider for the memory? Or is having 260HTT 1:1 better? The SuperPi scores are like 4 seconds faster when at 295HTT, but then the memory is at 100 divider.

Anywho, here are my results. I'm sure with an OFFICIAL bios i'd hit 300 easy.

But can someone answer my questions? And is this a good OC for these bios?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/eBoy0/overclock.jpg

Run some 3D benchmarks...I think if you can run those mushkins 1:1 at 260mhz at those timings you'll be much better off. Running a 1/2 divider on your memory is just too much. Try 166 (5/06) with 295mhz as well. That'll only drop yer memory down to around 245mhz. Tinker and bench and you'll get your answer...