NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

yep yep, x connects all flashiness, but not very good quality, i myself bought one thinking ooh pretty, now im faced with a new psu choice but that ocz powerstream seems to be the ticket and what i have chosen to be my next psu

I picked up a powerstream 420 yesterday for use in my NF3 754. All I can say for now is that the adjustable rails are friggin awesome for someone (like me :D ) who doesn't want to get into modding .. A multimeter, small phillips screw driver and a slight twist has my Redline XP3200's running with 3.4v at 251mhz 2-3-2-6........Hopefully when there is a solid bios for Tic-Tac to work with on this 939 it should be perty sweet. Anyone want to buy my Enermax units?????????? :P

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Swagman6531

Well I've been following this 'ol thread for quite som time now and I must say it's like a good movie.... a lot of laughs, a lot of tears and a hell of a lot of sweat. I've got to give it to DFI for designing such a very "capable" motherboard but upon its premature release (not even the DMI was coded on receiving it) they opened up pandora's box. Now if there are any words of comfort that I can give all of you struggling to even keep up with PAR, be patient. Those who have carefully been following this soap opera have seen that there are some end users out there that have started to get this board screamin fast. I just upgraded from a month old MSI Neo2 with a not-so-bad OC but with a joke for a mem controller on my winnie so as I kept reading about phenomenal overclocks I just got more frustrated knowing that I was gonna be stuck with "feces". Now after about five days of confusion and an entire night up trying to figure out why my sys wouldn't boot past post with the 0627 beta release, it's starting to come together. Even with my weak M/C this board is letting me reach speeds that I could only dream of. So for all you out there who are about to throw this board out the window, wait because eventually your prob will be addressed and fixed. I feel I speak for all of the ones here who have finally seen the light that this is gonna be one wicked beast.

I actually think the problem with the ultra x connect that led to its unpopularity is that the company had very low standards as far as quality control. Apparently some of the ultra x connect psu's perform quite well, and others can't hold the rails. Even the good ones are not as good as the top notch PSU's but are okay for overclocking. Mine actually has done a pretty good job and so far i'm prime stable at 300X9. I'm sure that a oz powerstream or a good antec 500w is way way better. One thing I can say for sure is that this thing puts out more power than my antec 400w smartpower because where that thing was failing this thing is holding its ground.

Just got my DFI NF3 Ultra D for my second system along with a week 15 Venice 3200.

I currently have it running at 10X270@2700Mhz. This Cpu is stable as a rock on my SLI-DR, so it should do good on this board. I need to pick up some better memory for it. Once the bios is fixed, it will be a good board.

what is your LTD at ericms... if you have it at 5 I could see the hypertrasnport geting a bit outa spec. If your not using a ram divider and have pc3200 memory your memory could be running out of spec.

First thing you really want to do is loosen the ram timings and lower the cpu multiplier. Then lower the hypertransport multi (LTD). use the 100mhz ram divider. try to relax everything and then see if the HTT will go up to 220. by using a ram divider and lowering cpu multiplier you can try to eliminate things that can cause a problem. If you do hit 220 then you know that one of the things you changed is the problem. If your hitting a wall with the ram and want to crank the cpu up then you would either want to be able to do 240, 300, or 400HTT depending upon which memory divider you choose. If it does then you know the problem is with one of the other settings. Venice are clocking pretty good so its probably not the cpu multiplier. my guess is you need to use a ram divider or your hypertransport multiplier should be set to 4 if your below 250, and 3 if your above 250. The only reason to use a 5 there is if your at 200mzh htt.

If you havn't tried this yet,

try the ram settings to 2.5 3 3 8 2T, use the 166mhz ram speed selection. Then set the cpu multi to its highest, put the HTT to 240. You probaly won't have to bump any of the voltages to run that. Make sure your LTD or hypertransport multi is set to 3 or 4.

Yeah I'm new to this. I just build this pc a few days ago and I'm just looking to get a bit more out of it. Thx for the information brakezone, I'll try it out.

Yeah and I'm running ocz el PC-3200 gold 2x512 running in dual channel (In both orange slots).

I think the main issues your probably having are related to the hypertransport bus's total speed AND/OR the memory divider.

under the memory settings page with the memory speed indicator you choose something like 100/133/166/200 mhz, this are somewhat misleading. Here is a relatively simple formula for determining the true memory speed you will get. The number you choose here is X.

memory speed = HTT * (X/200)

usually its good not to let the hypertransport bus go above 1000

I picked up a powerstream 420 yesterday for use in my NF3 754. All I can say for now is that the adjustable rails are friggin awesome for someone (like me :D ) who doesn't want to get into modding .. A multimeter, small phillips screw driver and a slight twist has my Redline XP3200's running with 3.4v at 251mhz 2-3-2-6........Hopefully when there is a solid bios for Tic-Tac to work with on this 939 it should be perty sweet. Anyone want to buy my Enermax units?????????? :P

How do you check the voltages with a multimeter? Do you just put the probes in an open molex connector? Is it that simple?

Thanks.