NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

thank you, I do appreciate all the effort a few of you folks have given it with the Overclocks, but I still keep seeing posts like, help, not working at Stock etc... and I totally agree with AGs stance on this, its a shame GISAN had a difference of opinion, he seemed like a nice gent who was pretty helpful in a few updates, etc.... etc.... FWIW DFI has kinda of put themselves in some bad shoes. The UV thing, engineering the boards to handle well beyond industry standard acceptances, and statements on thier corporate website stating best OCing experience etc.... I can see both sides points here. If AG is an official rep of this Company and hes saying no guarantees on the OCing folks, then listen to him and leave it at that. HE has CLEARLY stated that either himself or Rgone will want to hammer out the stock issues first and then go for the OCing. Also, lets just bring up a good point here I think everyone needs to remember. Not everything they will produce will come out the OCing champ. Many companies have some great products and then one comes along and oops, lets slip that one under the rug and move along. Think Corvair? You think Chevy wants to maybe forget about that one. My point being everyone got so excited with the LP and UI on the NF2 platform, then came along the NF3 250Gb, then came the NF4 Ultra/SLi's etc..... Maybe just Maybe the NF3 was never meant for the 939 platform. Maybe its asking too much out of it. Who knows. You cant assume just because they had some other great hits that this is one too. Then again it could be thier biggest Diamond in the rough and the secrets just not been discovered yet. On that note each day as I keep reading this long and oh so long thread I have decided to probably just save up for a PCI express card and go with that route. Downloading the BF2 demo finally and seeing some feedback on that clearly shows me that my current card barely is enough, only reason why I was interested in this board was to keep my card. I guess Im probably doing a complete build instead of a part by part upgrade. As of this time it would be counter productive to get this particular board. For those that did chunk down 400 to 500 on an AGP card, I can clearly see why your hell bent on squeezing every drop out of it. For that I wish you good luck. So I might check in on this thread from time to time but its becoming more clear to me to probably just trade up for the NF4. Its been great reading your findings and again, best of luck to you guys.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont really have a clue what you just said because i understand that english is not your first language...but I assume you think I am insulting you directly.

the truth is, I am not insulting anyone.

if you cannot accept the truth of the statement I made (we make no guarantees on overclocking, only stock speed) then you should move on to another forum because you will have nothing but a negative experience with this forum.

Feel free to send my comments to DFI. They will back me up on the fact that we make no guarantees or warranty on overclocking.

as for your mother and father or son...I don't understand what you are trying to say. But I will repeat what I have said and what Rgone has said many times.

THERE IS NO GUARANTEE OF OVERCLOCKING. PERIOD. END OF STORY.

if your board does not work at stock speeds, you should have it replaced by RMA, or get rid of it and get a different board.

if your board does not overclock, then that is what this forum is for. But overclocking troubles does not constitute an RMA and no company on earth will RMA a board for you because it does not overclock to your liking. If you can find one that will...then you should buy one of theirs.

but you will not find a company that does this. Not even DFI, who caters to overclockers. We make the boards with overclocking options. We will not ever guarantee overclocking. Period. End of story. Either accept it as the truth (and not a personal attack) and continue to post in this thread or get angry and insulted (unwarranted) and move on. There are no personal attacks or insults directed at you and if you feel they are, you are wrong. It is that simple.

It isn't up to me to try and write something that will be deciphered by you as non-insulting. It is my job to give you the truth and when you do not accept the truth then it is my job to write in all capital letters in case you didn't understand me the first time. If you take that as an insult...I don't know what to tell you other than you are wrong for thinking such a ridiculous thing.

i dont really have a clue what you just said because i understand that english is not your first language...but I assume you think I am insulting you directly.

Exuseme. I know.

the truth is, I am not insulting anyone.

OK i understood now.

if you cannot accept the truth of the statement I made (we make no guarantees on overclocking, only stock speed)

Here you are wrong. I accept this. I'm only talking about on what DFI write on his site.

if your board does not work at stock speeds, you should have it replaced by RMA, or get rid of it and get a different board.

Here we are on the same line

if your board does not overclock, then that is what this forum is for. But overclocking troubles does not constitute an RMA and no company on earth will RMA a board for you because it does not overclock to your liking

Here we are on the same line

We make the boards with overclocking options

This is why me and athere people like me love DFI.

I'm not angry for this think, but for waìhat you sey in this way:

period

end of story

if you cannot accept this fact then you should sell your motherboard right now and move on.

I'm not negative as you can see in my post, i only show up what can do this board whit all this problem (326mhz HTT 1:1 whit the ram @2t as you can see in my screen, and i have post all my settings an timings for all other people), and i hope that you and Rgone and other at DFI can resolve all the problem of this board.

No problem now. Thank for your reply and explanation.

And exuse for my english i Know is bad :nod:

GIASAN

the 939 AGP clearly has a lot of potential...the annoying part is that neither I nor Rgone are bios writers or we would be busting out bios after bios and testing them as hard as we could to get some things fixed as quickly as possible.

our bios team is cranking out bioses as fast as they can so we can at least give them that much. I see this board being a good board if we can get it stock stable and working with the options that are needed (correct vcore, forcing DDR400, 1T stable, etc....all the things in this thread).

just because i see potential doesn't mean it will turn out to be what I see...but our goal is to make it a reality.

the one thing that some of you don't understand and didn't read is that it might say we make the best overclocking boards all over our website, but there is NOWHERE that it says we WARRANTY/GUARANTEE overclocks. If you can find it on the website, then please link me right to it.

look at car commercials for Mustang/Corvette etc...they show a dude driving balls-out down some closed course doing cookies and spinning tires etc....but they don't guarantee that your Mustang/Corvette will do NASCAR speeds.

look at Pepsi with all their commercials where they imply that you will become a star, or famous, or the life of the party...or beer commercials where they imply that you will get hot chicks to do the naked hot-tub dance with you...but none of these companies guarantees anything like that will actually happen.

It is called marketing. You see it all day every day in any kind of commercial/advertisement. If you think that motherboard marketing is any different, you need to go watch tv or read magazine ads etc for a little while and come back to reality and see exactly how marketing works. Marketing is there to get you hyped up and interested in a product.

Support is here to help you get the hyped-up product you purchased working correct as it was guaranteed to work.

Would you call a beer company and complain that you drank their beer but didn't get no hot chicks to join you in a hot tub?

would you call a car company and complain that you couldnt get your car to 180mph?

would you call the lottery commission and complain that you bought lottery tickets just like the tv ads suggested and you didnt win and are unhappy?

i could go on and on and on but the reality is unless you see some sort of guarantee/warranty in writing then it simply does not exist.

We guarantee that the products we make work at default/stock settings, regardless of what options we add to the product to make them run out-of-spec.

we do not guarantee that our products will perform out of spec.

we only give options to you because that is what you want.

this forum is here to help those of you that want to not only get running at stock speeds like guaranteed, but also to unofficially help you run out of spec.

the 939 AGP clearly has a lot of potential...the annoying part is that neither I nor Rgone are bios writers or we would be busting out bios after bios and testing them as hard as we could to get some things fixed as quickly as possible.

our bios team is cranking out bioses as fast as they can so we can at least give them that much. I see this board being a good board if we can get it stock stable and working with the options that are needed (correct vcore, forcing DDR400, 1T stable, etc....all the things in this thread).

just because i see potential doesn't mean it will turn out to be what I see...but our goal is to make it a reality.

the one thing that some of you don't understand and didn't read is that it might say we make the best overclocking boards all over our website, but there is NOWHERE that it says we WARRANTY/GUARANTEE overclocks. If you can find it on the website, then please link me right to it.

look at car commercials for Mustang/Corvette etc...they show a dude driving balls-out down some closed course doing cookies and spinning tires etc....but they don't guarantee that your Mustang/Corvette will do NASCAR speeds.

look at Pepsi with all their commercials where they imply that you will become a star, or famous, or the life of the party...or beer commercials where they imply that you will get hot chicks to do the naked hot-tub dance with you...but none of these companies guarantees anything like that will actually happen.

It is called marketing. You see it all day every day in any kind of commercial/advertisement. If you think that motherboard marketing is any different, you need to go watch tv or read magazine ads etc for a little while and come back to reality and see exactly how marketing works. Marketing is there to get you hyped up and interested in a product.

Support is here to help you get the hyped-up product you purchased working correct as it was guaranteed to work.

Would you call a beer company and complain that you drank their beer but didn't get no hot chicks to join you in a hot tub?

would you call a car company and complain that you couldnt get your car to 180mph?

would you call the lottery commission and complain that you bought lottery tickets just like the tv ads suggested and you didnt win and are unhappy?

i could go on and on and on but the reality is unless you see some sort of guarantee/warranty in writing then it simply does not exist.

We guarantee that the products we make work at default/stock settings, regardless of what options we add to the product to make them run out-of-spec.

we do not guarantee that our products will perform out of spec.

we only give options to you because that is what you want.

this forum is here to help those of you that want to not only get running at stock speeds like guaranteed, but also to unofficially help you run out of spec.

Ok stop here. I respect your opinion but i have mine and it's hard to me explain like you explain your.

Better for us continue whit the original tread , are you in accord whit me on this think?

Nothing problem whit you AG i understood you and your opinion.

I like that there last part AG.... :D And wether people agree or not, we ALL become beta testers the second we step beyond the rated specs. And personally that's just as fun or more so than sitting for hours in front of the computer enjoying yer favorite games...I'm having a great time with all my DFI boards if for no other reason than to tinker, and these boards give you a whole helluva lot to tinker with...Keep crankin em out DFI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for posting again recently on this thread AG, I'm glad to know that these issues have been noticed and are being worked on for the next bios release (hopefully). I know you said right off the bat in this thread that if we buy the board right at it's release we could have issues. I took that advice and I'm going to wait until the next bios is available for this board (and I know that most of the major quirks have been worked out). I'm looking forward to getting this board in the near future, and I'm sure you guys will have these minor things worked out. :) have a good day.

Guest bobyjo

There are two bios files listed on the DFI site now.

One I think was the original bios and the other is a different name, same date 6/2 bios.

Are these both the same bios files?

Is the last one somewhat different than the first?

since the warranty/guarantee is that the boards will run stock speeds without issue...but no one guarantees/warranties overclocking)

Yes is true' date=' but not for DFI and hes policy, look:

“We're very excited to be the first company ever to win the Highest Overclock award at the annual tournament held by FiringSquad and the Taipei Computer Association,” said Jacky Huang, General Manager of DFI San Jose. “This award is a reflection of DFI's unprecedented leadership in the overclocking and gaming market.”

DFI Re-Launches The INFINITY Line To Offer High-Quality, Affordable Motherboards To[b'] Overclockers [/b] and Enthusiasts

DFI the best overclocking experience (write on the site)

Home > > LANPARTY UT nF3 ULTRA-D

LANPARTY UT nF3 ULTRA-D Features

Overview

Keeping the signature UV-reactive components on board, the UT series aims to please with its rich feature set and outstanding overclocking performance. Understanding the needs for a versatile hardware platform, this series caters to enthusiasts who are on the cutting edge of technology while still wishing to take advantage of mature standards the industry currently offers. Available in both AMD ® and Intel ® platforms, the LANParty UT series offers a wide range of motherboards to choose from.

Even though there isn't a guarantee or warranty on oc'ing, it does boast/brag on the potential of "overclocking" these products. When you buy a 350z or a Vette, you don't buy 'em to do the speed limit. Same with these mobos. That's why we're here.

I too am anxious to when they come out with a stable bios.

Guest bobyjo

Me thinks they are the same.

One is a Diamond FLash, the other is just the bios flash zip file.

soooo anyone try the 629 BIOS Angry Games listed from his website :)

The first two, especially that 628, seemed to make some matters worse....just wondering if anyone had infact tried it and gotten some things smoothed out or not

soooo anyone try the 629 BIOS Angry Games listed from his website :)

The first two, especially that 628, seemed to make some matters worse....just wondering if anyone had infact tried it and gotten some things smoothed out or not

I'll be trying it in a couple of hours. Gotta put the rig all back together first...