NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my corsair 3200xl works with 629 in the "yellow ones" with 1T at stock speed. :shake:

Was it an issue before 629 with you? Meaning you had to run 2T and now you are able to run 1T with the same memory??????

Was it an issue before 629 with you? Meaning you had to run 2T and now you are able to run 1T with the same memory??????

yes. i haven't tested 628 so i can not say if it works too.slots 1&2 aren't workin with 1T

Finally got my DFI nF3 Ultra up and cooking:

Using 602 Bios that came with the board

Winnie CBBFD 0433

2X256 G.Skill "LE" 200 1T 2.5-3-7-3(all the rest auto)

Vdimm 2.9V

Vcore 1.7V

So far I've worked my way up to 9X290 without issue.... 9X300, which these parts do all day in the nF4 Ultra, the board goes into safe mode...

I'm just starting to play with mem timings...

dfinf3ultra062905-7.jpg

I just tried the latest 629 BIOS......it was way more flakey than the original BIOS for me.

The CPU Voltage was reading at 1.31v on default instead of 1.28 so it seems like that's slowly getting straightened out..

My RAM defaulted at 2-3-7-5-2T timings believe it or not.....and upon trying to change them to their normal 2-2-2-5 stock timings at stock speeds the computer would refuse to post....seems like any little touch I tried to do to it, and it's refuse to post so I just flashed back to original BIOS since I made sure to make a copy of it on a floppy before I flashed with this new one.

Some pics of the Vantec Iceberq chipset cooler installed...

A big thanks to Terror Adagio for the heads up! This pops right on there and for most I don't think any mods to your GFX card are gonna be needed. Mine is one that needs it :P So some piccys of what I did...

Updated 6/10/06:

User JPpilot (sorry if I screw up yer handle bro, deleted yer PM) PMed me with a tip for using a hairdryer on the chip set to help removal and thought it would be a good idea to update this post. Not much in the details, just heat yer chipset up a bit with a hairdryer to loosen the adhesive...

Thanks JP

Just a quicky of it installed...

vantecpic10id.th.jpg

A shot of the clearance issue you may encounter with ATI Silencer Rev 2

You can see that the boss had already been ground down to clear the stock cooler in this shot...

vanteccloseup2vx.th.jpg

You can remove the fan guard for another .030 of clearance

(just remember to put the screws back in :P )

noguard1qn.th.jpg

Installed without the guard. A little more grinding was done right down to the screw head.

noguardinstalled0us.th.jpg

And if yer gonna grind, try and mask it off to keep debris out of yer GFX card...

b4finalgrind9bu.th.jpg

I don't know how this cooler will perform but hopefully it will at least run quiet and no more poking required. And maybe this setup is old news to some but this is the first time I've switched out the chipset cooler altogether and this is just a super simple fix you should consider before mounting yer mobo in the case.

Again, thank you Terror Adagio for a quick fix to a noisy lil problem!!!!

And yes I know my card is already filthy. Doesn't look so bad till you zoom in and hit the old flash!!!! Looks like I've been emptying my vacuum cleaner inside my computer case.....

yeah I shoulda jerry rigged something for my chipset cooler instead of leaving it the way it is =/ I was thinking taking the shroud off my northpole microcool NB cooler since it's so damn tall and just ziptying the copper sink to the NB....it's a nice solid and heavy copper sink and with one of these 60mm 40CFM fans I got blowing right at it, it should be cooler than ever........but now it's all mounted in my case and my WC is all setup on it...I'd forsee it being quite the PITA to try and unmount it for the chipset.

Guest Trippin

hello all first off great forum great thread ..yep..lotta help and info and hype about this board

I`m runnin av8 deluxe asus board for 6 or 8 months ..runnin clawhammer at 4000 @ 2750 10 x 275 with some corsair twin 512 4400 550 ram ...been following the new` s about this dfi board ...had not checked into this forum for few days ..a need for some tweaking I ordered one last night from new egg I got an hour left to cancel ...whats the deal ..should I cancel ..?I probably won`t Im willing to be beta tester any ways id miss this forum and thread with the optimism from old guy and angry gamer that this board will eventually shine ....I have faith in bios ...

Guest bobyjo

I would be courious as to how the 6/29 bios is?

Over at Xtreme Systems some there have run the 6/28 for an hour or so and seems to be very stable.

I did not read about the 6/29, maybe it has not been posted long enough for anyone to get it installed and checked out.