NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

What week and steppings was yours BTW Absoloot, I'm sure you've said it before but I forget.

LBBLE 0516 EPMW 3200+

This mobo - original bios 'til I die

OCZ 3200EL Rev3

Enermax EG465P-VE

AntecPlusview 1000AMB

MSI FX5900XT (6800U on RMA!)

3x Seagate HDDs (PATA BABY!)

Thermalright XP-90

12 80mm fans

I have a fan grill on my cpu fan, and I take frozen corndogs and make a teepee out of 6 of them and that drops my temps a little bit, makes me feel safe when I am pushing it too far. I need 3Ghz so bad, but refuse to spend any more money, if I can't eat the cooling components with mustard.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I added my system specs, although I don't know when they will show up in my posts

i'm on this stuff, I got the cpu and motherboard today.

sorry if i'm not providing enough information to answer the question. Its okay if nobody knows based upon the information i'm giving. I had just thought there might be a simple answer to why i can boot it with ram at 400mhz, then boot the htt at 300mhz but 300mhz ram, but cannot boot it with 300htt and 400mhz ram. Do you guys think its the memory controller on the venice?

essentially,

HTTXLTD=hypertransport , HTTX cpu multi= cpu speed, htt X divider= memory

boots- 300X3=900, 300X9=2700, 300X(100/200)=150 (300ddr) seemed stable

boots- 240X3=720, 240X9=2160, 300X(166/200)=200 (400ddr) is stable

boots- 330X3=990, 330X8=2640, 300X(100/200)=330 seems stable

failed- 300X3=900, 300X9=2700, 300X(133/200)=400 no-boot

infact it wont' boot higher than 280 with 133/166/200 divider but it will with 100, If i could do 133 divider at 300htt it would be perfect. 2700mhz with 400mhz ram would be the result. the memory can handle 400mhz so i'm confused as to why it won't do it when i can get the htt to 330 under the 100 ram divider and the ram can pass memtest 86 at 400mhz under other circumstances.

I added my system specs, although I don't know when they will show up in my posts

i'm on this stuff, I got the cpu and motherboard today.

sorry if i'm not providing enough information to answer the question. Its okay if nobody knows based upon the information i'm giving. I had just thought there might be a simple answer to why i can boot it with ram at 400mhz, then boot the htt at 300mhz but 300mhz ram, but cannot boot it with 300htt and 400mhz ram. Do you guys think its the memory controller on the venice?

infact it wont' boot higher than 280 with 133/166/200 divider but it will with 100, If i could do 133 divider at 300htt it would be perfect. 2700mhz with 400mhz ram would be the result. the memory can handle 400mhz so i'm confused as to why it won't do it when i can get the htt to 330 under the 100 ram divider and the ram can pass memtest 86 at 400mhz under other circumstances.

Well now that I can see yall are sporting Kingstion value ram ;) Try one stick in slot one and if you haven't already set yer cpc to 2T. You might give that a try before you remove the one stick. Make sure timings are 3-3-3-8 as well...

EDIT: That x-connect psu may give you problems as well. There are plenty of GOOD QUALITY psu's in the same price range as what you spent on that........I'll

just call it questionable psu without resorting to words that fall in feces category :drool:

Absoloot

So the voltage problem does not effect you really (voltage reading problem) because you are clocking it with clockgen and it reads properly? Just want to know because my board is coming soon.

And is there any difference between overcloking in bios as compared to clockgen or a64 tweaker

i mean if you clock in bios means its clocked when the system boots up

and if you clock with clockgen, it is only clocked when you are logged into windows.

eg. if i start my linux boot it wont be clocked? or does clockgen work itself into bios settings once i reboot?

I could read through near on the 90 pages of this.

I wish to purchase one of these motherboards when theya re available here, I see a few of you already have them.

Is some kind person willing to extract the important bits of this thread and compile them into a thread titled "DFI LP UT nF3 Ultra-D issues/info" which can be edited and updated as more information is available?

man, 90 pages with a lot of non-informational posts would take a lot of reading time...

regards.

I successfully booted at 2700mhz with 400mzh ram thanks to the timing advice by oldguy :)

Its kinda silly I didn't try that, i assumed that on auto they would auto relax but I guess not.

for now i'm going to run it at 2400mhz with 400mhz duel channel ram while I think about the best place to run it with these temps.

This board is definitely solid considering it will run 300mhz and beyond.

Like I said before, the board itself is good, but the BIOS has obvious errors. The hardware is very capable, as 315 htt didn't crap out on me, I reached 2.9Ghz with my sandy. But there are obvious BIOS errors, such as vcore and Trp setting other than 3 always ends up being 1 higher (so if you set it to 2, it goes to 3. Set it to 3, it's 3. Set it to 4, goes to 5. So on)

What Abso has done is nothing special, I've already benched at 2.9 Ghz w/ 250 @ 2.5-2-2-10 1T. It likes Ballistix, that's for sure. It hates my BH-5s though atm, 1T isn't very stable.

Abso, if you have time, post a screenshot with A64Tweaker open, so everyone can see your full timings.

Trp setting other than 3 always ends up being 1 higher (so if you set it to 2, it goes to 3. Set it to 3, it's 3. Set it to 4, goes to 5. So on)
Hmm, I've never across that Trp weirdness myself.....the 629 BIOS set my Trp to 7 by default though :P

I've attached my AMD64 tweaker settings...they are all stock except for tcl, trcd, trp and tras which is normally 2-2-2-5

As it says in my sig it's patriot XBL memory, currently running 235MHz....I got it up to 260MHz with the current settings, but then last time I tried, the computer wouldn't post at 245MHz =/ I honestly think it's my CPU at that point...and I was using 1.55 + .4 I believe.......don't really know what to tweak around with in the memory.

LBBLE 0518APFW is my 3200+ venice, but I'm thinking I just might have gotten one that doesn't want to go very far =/

EDIT: Quality of SS sucks because I had to make it 0 quality in photoshop with progressive scanning to get it under 50k :P

EDIT: Quality of SS sucks because I had to make it 0 quality in photoshop with progressive scanning to get it under 50k :P

Try using imageshack.us. Not the most user friendly interface at first but once you learn yer way around it it makes it less neccessary (

Yeah I've always held off signing up to imageshack even though I've known about it for quite some time...for a while I was just hosting things through my site, but then I decided to clean up the images directory and stop direct linking.

Running memtest right now at 235MHz....I would certainly expect it to not error since it's well below manufacturer guaranteed specs, but just making sure it's atleast functioning like it should be....then I guess using that AMD64 tweaker screen shot and AG's RAM Timings guide he posted I'll be setting them all to something instead of leaving it at auto

yep yep, x connects all flashiness, but not very good quality, i myself bought one thinking ooh pretty, now im faced with a new psu choice but that ocz powerstream seems to be the ticket and what i have chosen to be my next psu, keep it going guys, if and when i decide on this one or not im gonna be armed with all sorts of stuff to try in the bios :)