NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

HI guys i'm new to DFI motherboards. I was running an asus K8N with a 64 2800, i bought this dfi lanparty ut nf3 ultra-d and a venice 3000. fired it up with my kingston value ram and it seems to be working fine at 240X9. The ram speed is 400mhz since 240X(333/400). Its working really good so far, duel channel works fine. The board seems solid. I KNOW this board has potential because the nf3 chip can easily do 300mhz on my socket 754 board. it doesn't seem to go over 250ish well. at 260 it doesn't boot... its probably the LDT needs lowered come to think of it. or a voltage bump or some kind of setting. not sure I just assembled it. So far i like it. You can probably get a decent oc with this board if you know how to mess with it... it has to go over 260 no doubt the nf3 can handle it.

dfi lanparty ut nf3 ultrad venice 3000

evga 6800

512X2 kingston valuram in duel channel

^I'm with this guy. If you roll up your sleeves and just plain try it, this board delivers on the O/C experience. The HTT voltage needs to be bumped up if going over 290HTT, and ideally, don't leave anything on "AUTO" unless you are looking for problems.

This board rules, only problem is user error.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay heres after some gentle experimenting, the thing thats confusing me is that I can run 300HTTX9 no problem if the ram divider is set to 200/400, i'd really like to set it to 266/400 so that at 300HTT my ram speed is 400mhz.

basically it boots like 300httX9 ramspeed=300mhz. I'd like to get it to 400 but when i use the 133 divider it won't boot at 300. oh yeah, i also got the board to boot at 330HTT easily with the 200/400 ram divider. it wouldn't do 240 I suspect because the hypertransport is getting well into 1000 at that point.

This board rules, only problem is user error
Yeah I'm sure that Angry_Games and RGone are just a couple of noobs not knowing what they are doing and it is because of their user error that they are experience troubles like everyone else who currently owns the board... (sarcasm alert)

No doubt the board will shine in the future but it is still finicky at this point

When it comes to a brand new board, we're all n00bs. Maybe not n00bs on our old mobo, or a different BIOS, but we are all n00bs to this board, and I don't believe that mine is the 1 in a million magic easy board.

When my board doesn't post, I get an erection. When my PC smells like burning sugar, I smirk. I have had every problem I can think of already, or I would keep tinkering until I did. Leave nothing on Auto, try EVERY value possible at your own tremendous risk, and any of these BIOSes will work great. The hardware capability is there, and if it takes a ridiculous amount of time or money, it will work, and a new BIOS is just goingto make them idiot proof, or manufacturer-friendly.

I don't know if this is easy to answer or not but my question is this...

If i can run 300X9 with ram at 150mhz(300), and i can run 240X9 with the ram at 200(400)mhz, why can't I run 300X9 with my ram at 400mhz.

When it comes to a brand new board, we're all n00bs. Maybe not n00bs on our old mobo, or a different BIOS, but we are all n00bs to this board, and I don't believe that mine is the 1 in a million magic easy board.
Yeah we are all noobs with a new board, but you're the only one exclaiming to be having THIS much good luck....read through the threads, no one has posted anything close to what you're saying.

Leave nothing on Auto, try EVERY value possible at your own tremendous risk, and any of these BIOSes will work great.
That may be true, but personally I don't know nowhere NEAR enough of the settings of the RAM in particular to start messing with it....all I can really do is see what they are in AMD64 Tweaker and then set them accordingly in the BIOS and of course read angry_games timings guide.....there are just a ton of different timings to memorize

When get home I will post the RAM settings I use, maybe they will help you. I did not get them from Angrygames' timings guide, but from good old fashion trial and error, and frequent use of the clear CMOS jumper.

The more I look around, it seems that I am the only one having much luck with this board at all, and I have had no bad luck at all. I mostly just play WoW and monkey around with it occasionally, or leave it on some messed up settings overnight just to help break it in, or blow it up.

Over on XS I posted this, I am Fission on there:

32m3ar.th.jpg

Seriously, am I the only person out there who loves this board??? I am only dissapointed with it's performance tick for tick, not with the BIOS or stability. I am hearing nothing good about this from anyone.

Guys, all absoloot is trying to say is this board does work. Maybe he comes off as arrogant or cocky and or you take what he says personally. Instead of bouncing around trying one bios after another try getting the feel for just "one" and like he said, "roll up yer sleeves" and give it some time and tinkering. I liked what I was seeing with the 602 and am back to 602 since I really didn't "DO" anything with the 627....

Not trying to put words in anyones mouth or defend absoloot. Take what people say with a grain of salt and realize we all have our own personality's. Some are laid back and some are in yer face. No need to go back and forth with the snipes. We are all trying to get a feel for a new mobo and some have just gotten good results quicker than others and that I believe is more than luck.

Rgone and AG are trying to get this thing solid out of the box with overclocking as the secondary goal. I doubt they are thrilled with bios as it shipped but I also doubt if it is all they had to work with they would have no problem makin' it scream just fine. They have to hold hands and figure this thing out at the same time AND make sure everyone who doesn't have this board is still being taken care of....

Guys, all absoloot is trying to say is this board does work. Maybe he comes off as arrogant or cocky and or you take what he says personally.

Not trying to put words in anyones mouth or defend absoloot. Take what people say with a grain of salt and realize we all have our own personality's.

That's very flattering, but don't mince your words with alternate possbilities; I am arrogant. The internet is a nice little safety net where no one can see how fat and ugly I am, and I have come to abuse this privelege because it makes me feel like a big man.

Jerks like me are ubiquitous down the path of least resistance, and I am glad to share any of the luck I have made with anyone who can get down on their knees and accept me as their lord and savior. Them, or anyone who has the internet.

I did not get them from Angrygames' timings guide, but from good old fashion trial and error, and frequent use of the clear CMOS jumper.
I only use his as a reference to know how each timings effects the ram, bandwidth, or stability of the computer...he doesn't really say what are the best timings because obviously all RAM would be different.

OldGuy - no one is sniping, he simply said he doubted he was the only one having astonishing luck and I think he pretty much is.....his venice is sure better than mine =/

What week and steppings was yours BTW Absoloot, I'm sure you've said it before but I forget.

Mines LBBLE 0518APFW and I don't see too many people with it reporting astonishing results so I don't know about this one personally =/ My friend got a week 15....bastard...I've seen a LOT of those doing really good too.

I think it's a good board, it hasn't given me trouble at all...and currently I'm more quick to blame my CPU at this point....but I keep hoping with a good BIOS that reports correct voltages and temperatures and other little memory tweaks I might be able to get more out of the CPU, now it's a combination of perhaps a CPU that doesn't want to OC that well combined with inexperience of primarily the RAM adjustments for me :(

I know my ram can do 400mhz, as it can easily handle that at lower HTT settings... if its not the ram that is the problem, then at 300HTT if i set to 266( which is 400 at 300htt) why won't it boot? if its not the memory then what needs more voltage?

I know my ram can do 400mhz, as it can easily handle that at lower HTT settings... if its not the ram that is the problem, then at 300HTT if i set to 266( which is 400 at 300htt) why won't it boot? if its not the memory then what needs more voltage?

Do us a favor (and yerself) and get your system specs in your signature so we can help you out...