Mod the Ultra-D to SLI-D Picture Tutorial

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard that the mod blocks the first LAN port, is this true?

huh.. :confused:

Id love to know where you heard that..?!?!

If you read this thread you'd know this is a mod that connects two connections on the chipset and is no where near the lan port..

dont have time to read the whole thread. I heard that DFI did something to the Ultra-D to block the mod to SLI-D. Can this still be done if i buy the board off newegg now?

The mod can still be done..

Read the thread.. !

That report is a bit strange. Perhaps the person screwed up majorly. It may very well be possible to disable one of the LAN ports from the chipset but this should not happen if you follow the instructions since your just modifying the chipset so it is the same as an SLI one.

More likely I suspect the person is confused. The Nvidia LAN drivers are well know to have numerous problems and probably this person didn't properly test their board first. Although perhaps the Nvidia LAN drivers have more problems with SLI configs, who knows? But this has nothing to do with the mod.

BTW, PCI-e lanes are completely independent from one another and the nVidia lan is direct I believe using the hypertransport...

BTW, PCI-e lanes are completely independent from one another and the nVidia lan is direct I believe using the hypertransport...

For clarity...

The nVidia LAN port is on the PCIe bus with all the other nVidia devices.

The Marvel LAN port is on the PCI bus along with the SIL SATA controller on the R model motherboards.

I read all the thread and thus I saw this:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...4&postcount=342

As Nil Einne says that is probably a error in doing the mod.. If you read through this thread you will see there is no other reports of such failure.. I also have this mod listed in 3 other forums and there hasnt been any other reports of the lan dying from doing this mod..