Mod the Ultra-D to SLI-D Picture Tutorial

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

today I got the other 6600 GT which was a leadteak, so I was like :S hoping to not have problems with the dif brands thing and bios, so I put the cards on leadteak PCI-e (1) and XFX on PCI-e(2), turn on, I got an error, then I switch the cards backwards, turn on SLi working, XFX was the card with the newest bios from both, so I guess that it the trick I don't know but it worked for me.

ya ncix is great, im actually getting that bridge, but it says it may be another 2-5 days before ship, but its cheap so why not.

Definately. Been dealing with ncix for about 4 yrs now. Haven't purchased anything from any other source in that time. I've got mine on order as well as another 6800GS, going to need it once I mod the mobo.

ATI cards work just fine on nVidia chipset boards just like nVidia cards work on ATI chipset boards.

You can run the cards in SLI without the bridge but there is a small performance penalty.

If Leadtech is selling a kit with two cards for SLI they should include the bridge. If not, simply keep an eye on ebay.

Cool, thanks for that.

Just one more Question, is there any way to modify a 6800gs to enable Video in?

No, the card must have the proper chip installed to allow VIVO functions. That's why the VIVO cards are a little more expensive.

ExRoadie; thanks for the advice - muchly appreciated.

In case you're interested I went with the ATI X1800Xl All in wonder as I was having difficulty finding the SLI Bridge and I think the ATI does everything I need it to..I may get around to Modding the Board to SLI anyway just so I can see SLI appear on the POST screen, but it's not essential.

One more thing, Anyone in the UK looking for this board (ultra-d) should consider going to HERE to get it as they state in the Advert that the SLI bridge is included in the Pack!!

Wish I'd known when I was looking, I ended up walking into PC-World and getting one off the shelf!

PS I've also ditched the Dodgy PC-World (Hynix) Ram in favour of some spangly Corsair XMS3200XL Xpert TwinX...I'm afraid I was sold on the LED's more than anything...just a shame they dont do a 2Gig Twinx version yet!

Anyone want any Hynix ram??? lol