Mod the Ultra-D to SLI-D Picture Tutorial

well my xfx was purchased back in march and the bfg last week, so short of taking them out, would resetting the cmos help this out, ive never done it before.

I havent seen ANYONE using two different brands in SLI, from my knowledge they have to be the same brand .. And even when using the same brand Ive seen quite a few people with problems when the bios versions are different..

So you will have to sit tight and wait for someone that is more knowledgable about SLI to confirm this.. But I dont think it will work..

sorry.. this is all the help I can offer atm..

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just did the mod today, use faber pencil #2B, only one I found between my sister stuff (she is an artist, but I found myself more an artist then her while I was doing the mod, damn I was scare to ruin the mobo lol, anyways first time I rub the pencil for like 1 minute then clean cmos turn the pc on, there you go baby. Nforce 4 SLI, muahaha, then I tried to make stronger the bridge by rubbing the pencil again, turn on the pc muahah Nforce 4 Ultra :S haha I was oh man I ruin the bridge, then I did it again, and there you go Nforce 4 SLI, put back the chipset fan and put it back into the case, Drivers, etc, everything working fine.

One question is the pencil bridge there going to stay forever or it might felt off after a time?

I know this is a noob question ......but look at my title

The sli board has option for 6600gt sli , does the 7800gt work with this setting?

I did the mod, raided my bank account and have my 2nd 7800gt on the way

cry me a river

Is it going to work ? if so anyone have any problems doing this ?

I am buying my parts soon and i was thinking about doing this but i wasnt goint to use SLI right now. Would it make more sense to do it before i install it and everything or should i set up the computer and make sure everything works? Thanks

Vortexis, put a little piece of tape over the penciled area, I did on mine. I believe it will hold the lead over the area pretty well because it is thin and the hsf will not interfere with it.

transparent regular tape?, what about the heat in the chipset, will the tape melt :P, I don't know :S. tell me how yours works

First off Hi to all, this is my first post on DFI Street!

Right, As you can see by my SIG I dont actually have a Graphics card at the moment due to it having been returned to the shop...I kept getting frozen out of W2K and after completing my Dual boot of XP64 I eventually got a message telling me the Video card was faulty...I got my money back.

So I'm seriously considering the Ultra-D to SLI mod...just one problem.

I cannot find ANYWHERE in the UK that sells the SLI Bridge. Honestly I have looked. A lot.

I found this though...although its not UK....

3rd Party SLI Bridge

I've found a Site that sells an SLI kit (2xLeadtek 6800 GS) for about £300...which is pretty good as it happens...but I cant find anywhere in the AD that tells me if the SLI bridge is included (and the Dopey Girl in Customer services didn't even know they sold a kit!)

Now the other issue is this; Do I have a go at the mod and buy the kit..probably using the later drivers so I can get away with no Bridge for a while (as described in a previous post) or should I go for a more expensive single card...I've been looking at the new ATI x1800 All in Wonder which is kinda cool due to the DVB and Video-In function (not to mention the spangly new AVIVO technology!

I'm confused. Please help!

I guess thats two questions:

1) Where to find an SLI Bridge in the UK

2) Should I go ATI Graphics on an Nvidia Mobo?

ATI cards work just fine on nVidia chipset boards just like nVidia cards work on ATI chipset boards.

You can run the cards in SLI without the bridge but there is a small performance penalty.

If Leadtech is selling a kit with two cards for SLI they should include the bridge. If not, simply keep an eye on ebay.

Guest cruzlink2

guys i just recently bought an DFI NF4 Ultra D board. I just wanted to ask about the epoxy and what techniques you guys are using to remove it. do you scratch only till you see the solder pad and then stop? can you guys give me some pointers please ?