Mod the Ultra-D to SLI-D Picture Tutorial

ey is there a way to have a video of the mod, like that video angry made on how to clean the chipset fan of the nf4, I would like to see this mod on a video just like a , "Ultra-D to SLI Mod" for dummies. Hope someone can do that, that would help alot.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going to do the mod tonight (wish me luck!) and i am going to need a sli bridge

my question is ....

i got my second 7800 gt evga from tigerdirect and it came with a free mobo from evga that comes with a bridge

will that bridge work with my dfi ?

thanks for reading

god i hope this mod works rofl

kruger

ey is there a way to have a video of the mod, like that video angry made on how to clean the chipset fan of the nf4, I would like to see this mod on a video just like a , "Ultra-D to SLI Mod" for dummies. Hope someone can do that, that would help alot.

after you remove your cooler and look at [your] chip, you will see how easy it is going to be. the guide here on the forum has great pics and all the info that you need. video is not likely to show you anything more useful than what is in the guide. ;) although someone may prove me wrong.

well i did my mod , scraped the epoxy away , used a circuit writer pen from radio shack ,

NO VGA , PC BOOTS BUT NO VGA !

i cant see anything on my monitor , its like its not pluged in but see and hear the cpu , hdd

Its toasted?

Well in my excited frame of mind , i forgot to clear cmos,

so i did that and BOOM :D SLI !

IM GOOD TO GO

but.....my 2nd pci e 7800 gt is stuck in chicago i guess there was a plane that went off the runway and there were tons of delays

Hope everyone was ok in chicago

well i did my mod , scraped the epoxy away , used a circuit writer pen from radio shack ,

NO VGA , PC BOOTS BUT NO VGA !

i cant see anything on my monitor , its like its not pluged in but see and hear the cpu , hdd

Its toasted?

Did you clear the cmos after the mod ?

Well in my excited frame of mind , i forgot to clear cmos,

so i did that and BOOM :D SLI !

IM GOOD TO GO

but.....my 2nd pci e 7800 gt is stuck in chicago i guess there was a plane that went off the runway and there were tons of delays

Hope everyone was ok in chicago

lol.. awsome.. then forget about my post above this one !!

:nod:

i did the mod for my ultra-d board, and is says sli in the start up. however i set the jumpers to sli and plugged in a bfg6600gt fo sli with my xfx 6600gt, but all it says in the nvidia settings for sli is "you need to remove any graphics cards that are not compatible with sli before you can enable SLI". however in the device manager it recognises that there are 2 6600gt's plugged in.

should i have cleared the CMOS, because i did not, and i don't have the bridge yet, its comming soon but people say sli works without it as well.

any help would be great.

I don't know about doing SLI with diferent Video Cards brands, but try to check out the BIOS version on each video card, cause that is what I have seen in the forum people having cards with diferent bios versions and having troubles with that.

the new drivers support diff brands, bios and clock speeds so that shouldn't be a problem anymore.

Im not too sure about that..

Vortexics is correct about different brands and cards with different bios versions.. Ive seen this problem MANY times..

EDIT..

Could both of you please add your psu brand and model to your sig.. Thats a very important part that should be in it.. thx