Mod the Ultra-D to SLI-D Picture Tutorial

Thanks a lot ExRoadie .....

With this info, are you a member of NVIDIA? :)

No, not at all!

That's just the way the industry works. It's cheaper to make one part and turn features on/off selectively than make different parts.

If you look at the DFI motherboards in the nF4 series, the nF4-D, Ultra-D, SLI-D and SLI-DR, the boards are identical. The difference is the particular chipset and the addition of the SIL SATA controller and ports.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dynamic

ExRoadie,

You might want to fix your link for the SLI BRIDGE, cause its a different product specified from the link.

Guest Dynamic
I have one doubts, if I put 2 vga with the SLI mod, but without the bridge, does it work?

You're going to deal with performance issues and problems further ahead. Probably won't even match another SLI speed. Think about it, ATI has it's own Crossfire setup and Nvidia has this. So why wouldn't you put the link between the cards?

Just did the mod lately, started with the sata2 mod 1st then followed by SLi mod. It worked... Thanks for the guide for those who involved in contributing... ;)

*p/s: btw, are all boards come with the epoxy on the nF4 chip? Coz I can't see any on mine... :P

Hello there, I heard something about protection that nvidia made in drivers agaist this mod. So, is it true? I really don't know how driver could discover this, but I ask first.

No, the drivers cannot tell you modded it.. The only thing that has changed is that on some chips there is an epoxy covering the contacts.. But this can be carefully scrapped away and the mod works perfect..

Hello there, I heard something about protection that nvidia made in drivers agaist this mod. So, is it true? I really don't know how driver could discover this, but I ask first.

This post covered the physical aspects of the chipset...

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...8&postcount=484

As you assumed, the drivers can't tell the difference between an original and modded chipset for the reason above.

I just completed the SLI Modthis weekend to my DFI board. I took a bit more of a risky route and actually soldered the two connectors together. Just a quick reset of the existing BIOS and reinstallation of the drivers and I had an SLI board. Two overclocked MSI 6800s and I have a 3DMark05 score of just over 8600 - not bad for a total of $280 =0)