Mod the Ultra-D to SLI-D Picture Tutorial

I've done this mod a long time ago and have been using 6600GT. My friend was upgrading and he gave me his 6600GT! (same company XFX Geforce 6600GT). I installed the video card and installed the driver. but nowhere does it have an option for me to enable SLI. from what I know 6600GT SLI is possible without a bridge.

Do I need to change the BIOS settings?

Pin settings?

Its been a while since this thread opened. But I hope I can get some help!!!

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
I've done this mod a long time ago and have been using 6600GT. My friend was upgrading and he gave me his 6600GT! (same company XFX Geforce 6600GT). I installed the video card and installed the driver. but nowhere does it have an option for me to enable SLI. from what I know 6600GT SLI is possible without a bridge.

Do I need to change the BIOS settings?

Pin settings?

Its been a while since this thread opened. But I hope I can get some help!!!

if you did the SLI mod properly, your BIOS will show NF4 SLI on boot, and the only thing you will have to do is enable SLI in the drivers for your video cards.

• 3 weeks later...

I went ahead and gave this SLi mod a try when I removed a Thermalright HR-05 SLi chipset heatsink to lap it. The mod was pretty straightforward when following the instructions and using an exacto knife, but I suggest anyone attempting this mod have a steady hand and be patient if necessary.

My NF4 Ultra-D board that had some protective dot of goo adhesive applied on top of the contact points so it took a little longer slowly scraping away until i could hear metal to metal contact. A can of compressed air really helps in blowing away the goo to clear up the surface for good contact. I taped off the trace with some scotch tape and used a circuit writer pen to close the circuit. Then I used a hair drier on low setting to cure the silver.

After assembly, cleared the bios, reassembled the box, and applied power. Everything worked fine on first boot. Overall this was a really easy mod although it requires some patience so you don't damage the chipset.

Thanks ExRoadie. :)