Sign in to follow this  
red930

Mod the Ultra-D to SLI-D Picture Tutorial

Hey guys.

Forgive my lack of profile/pc info, i'm stuck in at work and thought i'd go ahead and register while I have some spare time.

I've succesfully modded my Ultra-D to an NF4-SLI, however I just can't find a bridge to purchase ANYWARE. I'm in Australia BTW, so hence my difficulties :P

I'm very much considering getting a second 6600gt to throw in this system, as i've recently turned it into my second gaming machine and would like to get the omst out of it for the least cost..and a second 6600gt would be very nice.

Either way, my question is, does anyone know anyware in Australia where I could buy an SLI bridge to fit this DFI board? I'm in QLD, and i'll happily Ebay/Courier from overseas if absolutely necessary...but i'm having absolutely no luck here at all. Thanks for any help :)

you can get an sli bridge from http://www.atacom.com/program/atacom.cgi?U...&Disp_item2.y=0

the Tyan M5000 works fine on DFI boards

Thanks for the link. I was wondering, that site doesn't let me select Australia as a delivery location, it seems to be USA only.. (haven't dealt much with overseas ordering, so if i'm missing something, by all means fill me in).

I input my postcode and it showed $6.25 for 5-6 days shipped, though since I can't actually select my country in the payment options i'm not entirely sure of it's accuracy.. :(

Uh...anyone, please? :(

Honestly, is there any way I can get the m5000 shipped out to Australia?...help :P

Its been 2 days since you registered and you still dont have a sig with your complete specs.. Please make one its a forum rule !!

Try to email Donna @ DFI and tell her you need a order a replacement SLI bridge for a dfi board.. She can normally help people in the US but im not sure about where you are.. If she cant help maybe she can steer you in the right direction..

Google the Tyan M5000 or eBay it....or google SLI Bride for DFI ...or DFI SLI Bridge...something will come up

Yeah i've been searching like mad on Ebay, and google only provides the Tyan M5000 from American stores.

I just noticed Donna's contact info in another thread where someone was directed to contact her to obtain a replacement SLI Bridge. I'll get straight onto that.

Sorry about the sig, it's done. I'll spice it up soon ;)

All I can say is thank you very much to whoever found this out.

While redoing my watercooling loop last night I thought I would give it a go.

So I popped of the nth bridge HSF and saw that the two contact points where

covered in a green goop. (arggghh)

I then started to slowly remove the green resin/goop with a razor blade

till I could see the silver color of the contacts. (The whole time sweating like a pig think should I really be doing this to my precious)

I then got my trusty 2b pencil and joined the contact points.

About two hours later it was time to boot her up so I crossed my fingers and toes and pushed the button (Please work Please work Please work........)

And there on the boot screen it said NForce4 Sli WOOOOOT it worked. I then

went to the Nvidia control panel and there it was in all it's glory the SLI Multi GPU tab

this joyous site caused me to dancing around the room giggling like a little school girl

as I have already scored a SLi bridge from a Lanparty SLI-D (For 15 NZ dollar's) and

in about two week's another 6800gt will be arriving on my door step (Again WOOOOTY WOOT WOOT :D)

Edit: next up IHS Removal hehehehehe.......

Yay, only $76.00 shipped to AUS :P :shake:

Have you tried searching your local overclocking and modding forum's ??

Only reason I ask is because I scored mine from a guy on Gameplanet forums in New Zealand for 15 dollars.