Socket 939 Discussion Thread

The first thing that jumps out is voltage up to 1.55...it took 1.62~1.64 for me hit 3ghz on my Opty 146.

i dont really wanna take it over 1.6 tbh, the annoying thing is, with this stepping it really SHOULD get to at least 300fsb with 1.55.. am i right in thinking that ? 3ghz was my origional hope, now im just trying to get 2.7 to boot into windows. i get as far as the user log in and i get a bsod

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel your RP and MAL are TOO high. Try 9/7 with normal and also give tref a bump up to about 4100 or 4700.

Go ahead and give your chipset voltage a bump too.

Though it seems that most people here with disagree and flame me, I say give your HTT a bump up to 4x and let it be OCed.

See what happens.

I feel your RP and MAL are TOO high. Try 9/7 with normal and also give tref a bump up to about 4100 or 4700.

Go ahead and give your chipset voltage a bump too.

Though it seems that most people here with disagree and flame me, I say give your HTT a bump up to 4x and let it be OCed.

See what happens.

My expert board seems to love running with the htt oced too. My ultra d is another story but 1200+ prime stable for 36+ hours tells me the expert likes it. No flaming from me at least.

right i gave that a try, no mega changes, im currently using 295x9 1.62chipset so ive got another 6 outta it lol, ive gotta run prime tonight and i doubt itll pass lol on a side note, i tried to boot at 300fsb went all the way up to 1.6v on the cpu and i couldnt get into windows

**edit

ok so prime crashed the pc instantly, and i had to do a repair install of windoze awell.. hooray! :D im not sure but it seems the cpu WILL go up in fsb, my problem is i cant run any divider lower than 180.. can get into windows on any of the others, so im kinda stuck at 290 and below cause my ran only runs @ 267mhz

Guest drteming

Better late than never...

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...3&postcount=351

...air cooled with Thermalright SI-128, Evercool 120mm 80CFM fan, and a household fan in an open window (outside temp 15C) blowing into the opened case. Interesting thing is that my processor has a relatively high temperature cold bug. It will lock up if the CPU temp is less than 23C at FSB above 327, so I had to get the benchmarks running, then open the window and turn on the fan. And after the benchmark runs, I had to quickly close the window and turn off the fan to avoid the idle temperature from dropping too much.

Guest LithoTech

...air cooled with Thermalright SI-128, Evercool 120mm 80CFM fan, and a household fan in an open window (outside temp 15C) blowing into the opened case. Interesting thing is that my processor has a relatively high temperature cold bug. It will lock up if the CPU temp is less than 23C at FSB above 327, so I had to get the benchmarks running, then open the window and turn on the fan. And after the benchmark runs, I had to quickly close the window and turn off the fan to avoid the idle temperature from dropping too much.

Now that's what I call innovative! :tooth:

I'd call it dedicated!!!!

Now.... all you need to do is find a very close friend who doesn't mind standing by the window all of the time to open/close it when needed..... :)

• 2 weeks later...