Socket 939 Discussion Thread

msmolt

Nice OC. Nothing like cranking up the volts to beat it into submission. Out of curiosity, was the main screen behind your 3d06 score blank where system info is like we thought it would be?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ msmolt - 1.72v..................yer fuggin nutz.............

haha you should see were i got to go to run 300x10 :D

msmolt

Nice OC. Nothing like cranking up the volts to beat it into submission. Out of curiosity, was the main screen behind your 3d06 score blank where system info is like we thought it would be?

you know that was an accident that worked. what happened is i closed the score box before i hit the print screen and when doing so it showed the score on the main screen and i hit the info icon and it brought the main score screen back then they both show the score :D

EDIT:

well rereading your post i might of miss understood you . so my second attempt I have been trying to get 06 to work for two months and never could get it to run always showed some error about WMI. I found in the Q&A how to go around that but they didn't say how and our GRATE new Mod showed me how to do it. ( HaHa you know who im talking about lol)But it will not read system setting now

But it will not read system setting now

It won't matter as long as you're not trying to submit an entry to FutureMark. It's still a mystery why you are getting that error. There doesn't seem to be any common denominator between the different systems that this happens to.

Hello everyone. Been busy with work and playing games, and haven't had much time to browse the forums. I plan on upgrading my cpu soon. I currently have a venice 3000+ @ 25?? mhz. I had it at 2700mhz, but when I upgraded to 2gigs of ram, I had to re-adjust some things, and ended up around 2500. I don't have the hynix ram in my sig any more, I now have 1gigx2 of g-skill. I didn't notice any performance decrease and didn't feel like messing with it any more so I left it there. Now I want to try out a dual core, but not sure which one would be the best bang for the buck. I don't want something that will require many hours of testing, just one that is pretty well known to be able to overclock ok with minimal effort. I see the 4400+'s at around $200 and thought this looked good, but I know when I bought my 3000+ that it good potential to do what the fx's could. Are the X2's the same? Should I just get a 3800+ (or cheaper one) because they all overclock to about the same? Also, I would like the 2mb (1mbx2) cache, which I think is the biggest right now. Any suggestions welcome. Sorry if I may have posted in wrong area...

Stock voltage. Looks good.

Thank's I settled for2800MHz. OC I'm finally getting some time tonite to get the OCDB entry stuff togather. I'm hoping that the 2.8GHz. OC will prevent any bottlenecking when it comes to my 7950GX2 VC. Which later this week will be watercooled and then I'll see what it's capable of.

I believe i have gotten as far as i can without better cooling (gonna have to add some volts that would push me to mid to high 50's under load...and i dont like that idea, heh). Ive got a prime run going atm at home that should hit the 16-17 hr mark soon. FX-60 with ram at 260mhz aint too shabby in my books. I will run the benchies tonight and post tomorrow (once i get the net at my new house) as long as everyone promises not to laugh, LOL

EDIT: Well, i tossed it in there :D. Link in my sig

good job dude ! Im getting real itchy lately and feel like giving my cpu more vcore..lol

Sorry... had to let out a little chuckle. I guess time heals all wounds and also lets us forget the last time we juiced our cpu and semi sorta killed it :) Knock wood, I'm sure I'll see that day soon enough!!!

Nice job Catkicker...and much luck Thunda!!!