Socket 939 Discussion Thread

Very nice! :)

Any idea what ICs are on those sticks? I looked through a bunch of my notes and found the entries for them all as ?? for the ICs.

Im not 100% sure but I think they are Infineon.. When these sticks first came out they clocked pretty well but the newest batches dont clock well and usually max out at 220-230mhz no matter how loose the timings are.. Unfortunatly my sticks all fall into the category even when im only using 2gig's.. But they run some VERY tight timings right up to their max overclock so to be honest its a very nice trade off.. As you can see my benchies speak for themselves, even though im running 100mhz slower then before and my videocard is only clocked to 690-800 the scores are pretty nice.

I think im going to switch back to my Ballistix though.. 4gig's is nice but I dont see any benifit in running this much ram.. For me this was just a challenge and something I wanted to try, now that the mission is accomplished I see no need to run it like this 247..

I might pop all 4gig's into my backup rig for the heck of it and just leave em there... well at least until I get tired of them being in that rig..lol

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think im going to switch back to my Ballistix though.. 4gig's is nice but I dont see any benifit in running this much ram.. For me this was just a challenge and something I wanted to try, now that the mission is accomplished I see no need to run it like this 247..

That's why I did it. Just to see if it could be done. I'm back to 2GB also.

Nice work EdLSmith. Two 3.0+ entries in the OCDB. You prove persistence pays off. Isn't it weird how these 0610s hit a wall the way they do?

I just went back to 2x512 since I haven't been playing bf2 in weeks

I've been toying with the idea of picking some 2x512 to mess with Super_pi some.

Haha, you guys and your "back to 2Gb".. I just went back to 2x512 since I haven't been playing bf2 in weeks (yeah, I must be back to n00b level, down from amateur-n00b)!
lol..

Nah dont worrry man your far from an amateur or nOOb.. ;)

Praz

I've been toying with the idea of picking some 2x512 to mess with Super_pi some.

pssst.. I have some mushkin lev2 bh5 that Ive been thinking of selling.. They do around 260-265 with 3.5vdimm..

shoot me a pm if you have any interest.

Just posted my 1st ocdb on my ultra-d after a year and a half at these forums. (see sig)