Socket 939 Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That definitely shows the memory controller isn't hurt. I was surprised too when I did my entry. There's really not much of a performance hit running 4GB.
I was a little iffy about running 4gig's too.. Not because of running 2T but I thought I'd have to loosen other timings too..Although it seems that the ram is clocking better since im running 2T and it allowed me to run all the other timings very tight..
So is that entry using x64 Edition THunDA?

I think it would be the 1st one.

Yes its using x64 and its on my raptors now.. Im pretty happy with x64 so far it's stable and seems to love 4gig's..

I'll have the complete entry in tonight..

If the rules said we had to bench whilst holding an open bottle of meths by a flame then we'd have to do that to. (And I would..)

If the rules said give all your money to Happy_Games, you would do that too. :P

Guest LithoTech
well my cpu definitly lost 100mhz but it seems to be fine at 2750mhz.. it doesnt seem like the mem controller is hurting either..

Glad to see it's found a better middle ground for you. I know it's hotter here lately, wondering if you have air conditioning or if it's hot where you are too? Maybe a few degrees of extra ambient is causing instability somehwere on the mobo?

Im pretty shocked at how tight the timings are for 4gig's o-ram..

Them's some tight timings Thunda! Who needs bh-5 eh?

2.5-3-2-5 jeeeze... I didn't know they made TCCD in 1gb sticks... :P

"Settle" lol nice work

hehe.. Well I say settle because im still trying to get more out of it.. I know it isnt stable at 2850mhz or 2800mhz anymore and 2750mhz was the speed I just decided to drop it to.. Last night I used the same settings as in my last entry with 4gig's but I upped it to 277x10 and it passed for 6 hours with no errors..

I'll end up updating that entry when I feel its maxed again..