Socket 939 Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest laydback

Heh, it's too hot here during the summer or I could go higher. 28c Ambient right now. Ambient temp plays a big role in my OC. Still can't figure out why I need more vcore with this PSU. My Enermax 550W only needed 1.55v to prime at 3.1ghz. With this FSP it needs 1.60v but temps are the same.

I was going to make a run at 3.2 but same deal as you. Way too hot here right now. 116 here yesterday and my computers are in a room on the west wall of the house. I was going to throw the pelt block back on but I really don't need to make the room any hotter than it is. As it stands now I'm only running one computer at a time so it will stay comfortable.

Every time I've switched PSU's all my voltages change as well. Seems to me moving from a 520 Powerstream to the 600 I had a little voltage too.

Dunno about the template but that's a mighty fine overclock! Nicely done m8!

I don't see an Everest Read bench, but you can easily fix it by rerunning any of the 3DM benches and squeeze it in. Then just replace the one screenie.

Some of those bios settings look interesting, I might have to swing over to that forum and have a look see what some of it means. :confused: :D:P

I thought I posted that Screenie..I ran it separately, after I closed 3dmarks out..Sorry if I wasn't, but CPU-Z and everything are still next to it..I'll check again

s10man69 - I've added your ocdb entry into the GGG rankings, let me know if you want to be removed and I'll do so but let me just say.. congrats on the clock! Very nice indeed

Thank you...Heck no, I want it in there fo sho! =)

Edit :

LithoTech,

Thanks for pointing that out. I had the pic upload along with the others, I just forgot to post it. I fixed it, now it's good to go. Also fixed the post so that the links became thumbnails, like I originally meant it to be..=) Good To Go now.

Guest laydback
I was going to make a run at 3.2 but same deal as you. Way too hot here right now. 116 here yesterday and my computers are in a room on the west wall of the house. I was going to throw the pelt block back on but I really don't need to make the room any hotter than it is. As it stands now I'm only running one computer at a time so it will stay comfortable.

Every time I've switched PSU's all my voltages change as well. Seems to me moving from a 520 Powerstream to the 600 I had a little voltage too.

I wish I had 11x multi, my mem controller doesn't like dividers one bit.

I wish I had 11x multi, my mem controller doesn't like dividers one bit.

Even playing around with teh MAL/RP thing don't help at all?

Congrats on the clock heh, it's looking to be crowded at the top of GGG now.. :D

BTW : Your bios settings say 1.5*110, that be 1.65v?

Guest laydback
Even playing around with teh MAL/RP thing don't help at all?

Congrats on the clock heh, it's looking to be crowded at the top of GGG now.. :D

BTW : Your bios settings say 1.5*110, that be 1.65v?

Nope, its 1.61 in BIOS

1.60 in MBM5

Don't know about 'code'.

?

Use the 939datatbase template.txt file in post #3 of the rules for the OCDB. All you need to do is put in your information and the formatting will be correct. Also per the rules, Prime95 minimum 8 hours, 2x cpu-z screens, one showing the first tab (cpu info) and one showing the memory tab (timings), and one finished benchmark of 3dMark2001SE are to be on the same screen.