Socket 939 Discussion Thread

already been discussed many times

the short answer is:

the rules state Prime95 so follow the rules

i know what the rules state, I am in no way shape or form disputing that. There are exacty 13 post's in this entire thread that mention SP2004, and I am human reading thousands of posts on this entire forum that may or may not contain the real answer is unfair to anyone, TBH I don't want the short answer, I also don't want to cause problem's, or be misunderstood. I'm just curious to why, I'm not trying to use SP2004 in an OCDB entry, again I'm just curious to the real answer.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know what the rules state, I am in no way shape or form disputing that. There are exacty 13 post's in this entire thread that mention SP2004, and I am human reading thousands of posts on this entire forum that may or may not contain the real answer is unfair to anyone, TBH I don't want the short answer, I also don't want to cause problem's, or be misunderstood. I'm just curious to why, I'm not trying to use SP2004 in an OCDB entry, again I'm just curious to the real answer.

because the rules say use Prime95

do you have a problem understanding this?

Guest Timmay

Maybe hes trying to work out if you/us/we consider it more stable or "thourough" when stressing our OC'ed systems...

It's for uniformity. Everyone uses the same thing. Same reason they run all contestants over the same cross country course, and not two similar ones of identical length.

Thank you TFK.

Maybe hes trying to work out if you/us/we consider it more stable or "thourough" when stressing our OC'ed systems...

Thought crossed my mind. It's always easier to ask a reasonable question than assume things, although apperentley this was'nt the case.

The long answer,the real answer,the short answer,the only answer is:

the rules state Prime95 so follow the rules PERIOD!

Follow the rules for what exactly? Are people assuming I am asking for the purpose of using SP2004? I did not say/insinuate/give any suggestion of that being my intention. Which lead's to the possibilty that A. Nobody but TFK and Timmay actually read my question or B. Everyone except TFK and Timmay that did read my question assumed I was being cryptive or meant something completley different beside's exactly what i wrote.

well my cpu definitly lost 100mhz but it seems to be fine at 2750mhz.. it doesnt seem like the mem controller is hurting either.. ;)

Im pretty shocked at how tight the timings are for 4gig's o-ram.. Oh and my x1900xtx is only clocked at 690/800 because I havent tried to use ATI Tool in x64 yet..

untitled3kc3gh.jpg

I'll have this full entry in the DB tonight..

That definitely shows the memory controller isn't hurt. I was surprised too when I did my entry. There's really not much of a performance hit running 4GB.