Socket 939 Discussion Thread

At 2600 are you still able to use 1.37V (wasn't that your stable voltage?) or did you have to increase it?

Yes thats totally stable.. 2600mhz 1.37vcore is my low end overclock that I normally run at.. I kinda bounce back and forth depending on ambient temps. My 2850 1.55vcore overclock that has always been prime stable doesnt even pass for more then 5 min's now..

I did decide to try 2750 with 1.55vcore and right now it has been priming for almost 30 min's.. So it seems like the cpu's max is just lower out of no where. Kinda sucks but at least its still working..

@Mark.. thank you very much for the offer but I do have another rig im just bitching because Id have to rip it apart if it came down to me having to swap around parts.. but as it is now it seems like someone stole my mhz..

Praz you have some to spare.. can I borrow like 200mhz ?.. ;)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Praz you have some to spare.. can I borrow like 200mhz ?.. ;)

I f core 0 would cooperate you could have a couple of hundred and we could both run at 3.0. Core 1 will do 3.2 all day long.

Seriously though, if it dies on you or becomes totally unstable I've got a naked VPMW here that I ran at 2950 you are welcome to use.

Cool, been able to get stability with lower volts? Then you can try for some more!

And on another note, got a new entry with my newly naked 148 :

3102MHz @ 1.66v

Yup, I dropped the Vcore down a little from 1.67 to about 1.64 (@2850), and it's Oblivion stable throughout 2 1/2 of game play at some nice high settings which is a good sign... I used to get the odd crash there.

I tried a prime at 2.9GHz 1.72v, which failed:( I aint going past that, even with the Expert sensor reading only 22 degrees.

Seriously though, if it dies on you or becomes totally unstable I've got a naked VPMW here that I ran at 2950 you are welcome to use.
Thats real nice of you and I appreciate it.. but it seems that its working ok now but I have lost about 100mhz on the max with the same vcore..

Last night I was able to prime at 2750mhz with 1.55vcore and it passed for 6 hours.. im pretty sure it would go the whole 8 but I stopped it..

How old is that CPU? Maybe the memory controller is wearing out? Just a thought.
I dont even remember but its gotta be around 2 months. I doubt its the memory controller because I can still run 289x9 1:1 with my ballistix when I tried last week.. and putting the ram on a low divider does nothing to stabilize 2850 like it was..

It does show the importance of a "clean" OS install when OCing.

Did you try flashing back to 704-2bta?

I tried that before the format and it didnt help.. I might try it again..

Do you still have that costume you used to wear to get your nf2's working ?

Put your left pinky in your right ear and kick your jaw to the left, that should do it.

Don't feel too bad THunDA, I am pretty much done with my OC so I was going to do my Stock Speed Database entry. Set everything to stock and it froze at the Welcome screen. Took me three times going into the bios to boot at stock speeds.

This may or may not be the right place for this question, and if i should'nt ask i apologize in advance, same if it's been asked b4

why isnt SP2004 optional as an either/or with P95? SP2004 is based on P95 just with a different and IMO a better and more informative interface?

already been discussed many times

the short answer is:

the rules state Prime95 so follow the rules

Guest Timmay
Cool, been able to get stability with lower volts? Then you can try for some more!

And on another note, got a new entry with my newly naked 148 :

3102MHz @ 1.66v

Bloody good work dude!!

31001530ol.th.jpg

I'm coming for you!!! With my IHS on :P