Socket 939 Discussion Thread

I should have an entry coming in the next few days with 4gigs of Gskill HZ ram.. The sticks dont overclock well when my themselves so im going for a divider with very tight timings.. :)

Last night it passed 9+ hours at 289x9 (my stock vcore oc) with the ram on the 140 divider which makes it 200mhz.. But the timings are 2-3-2-5 and all the others are pretty darn tight.

I have to rerun it though.. Stupid me woke up an hour late for work today and just shut down my rig without taking the dam screenie..lol

4gigs? I think I just creamed my pants..

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should have an entry coming in the next few days with 4gigs of Gskill HZ ram.. The sticks dont overclock well when my themselves so im going for a divider with very tight timings..

I thought about sticking 4GB of HZ in for the OCDB to go along with the CE-6 I did but now that it will be represented by your entry I might do one for stock speed. Let us know when it's done I'd like to see the timings.

Do you think there is any way for me to get to 3ghz on air with my setup? I ordered the Evercool VC-RE for my son and I both along with some artic silver ceramic. I am curious more than anything. I have not found anyone over like 2700ish with a 4400+.

I am thinking I should probably order an opty. I am also concerned about my memory. I should have ordered some OCZ Plat PC4000 or some Mushkin Black or Redlines.

I thought about sticking 4GB of HZ in for the OCDB to go along with the CE-6 I did but now that it will be represented by your entry I might do one for stock speed. Let us know when it's done I'd like to see the timings.
Well things arent looking good for me.. :(

I think something is wrong with my opty. Im in the process of troubleshooting it but from my testing so far it seems like my opty might be dying..

This isnt a happy week for me..:mad:

That would be an understatement. What is it doing to give that indication?
Well.. Its just not prime stable anymore at 2850mhz 1.55vcore (not at 2800mhz either).. Ive tried a few sets of ram.. I tried to reflash the bios and also tried different versions.. I reseated my TDX about 3 times.. messed with dividers and all sorts of memory timings.. All with no success..

It went from being 8+ hours prime stable to having core1 fail in 3-4 min's !

I havent changed anything in my rig except trying x64.. But to make sure thats not the source of my problems I did boot to my other drive that has 32bit on it and its also failing there..

The other night I did run prime at my lower end overclock of 2600mhz 1.37vcore and it passed.. But last night I tried to run this speed again and when I woke up my computer was completly shut off (it just shut down overnight).. Im kinda hoping that maybe there was a quick power outage and it just shut off..

Ive tried pretty much all I can think of except swapping the mobo with my other one which will suck because that would mean I will have to break apart my only other rig.. I knew I would regret selling my 754 rig..

When all this started the first thing I thought of was that my Ballistix are dying..lol.. Damit I would much rather they die then my Opty.. I mean everyone elses kicked the bucket but mine seem to be out lasting them all..

I'll mess with it some more but this week has been a very fustrating one for me.