Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

Socket 939 Discussion Thread

Makes you fear going to sleep doesn't it. Then you get that one dream where you look at the screen and that little icon in the tray is yellow.

What do you think of my latest entry?

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...3&postcount=234

3113! very nice. I wish I'd bought an Opty instead of this crap 3700.:rolleyes:

I see your running your pump at 14v... much of a difference? I'm sure I read in the manual for my D5 (same thing), that they're rated for up to 24v... How do you manage to get a 14v feed to the thing? I might give it a go, I like the idea of an OC'ed pump:D

3113! very nice. I wish I'd bought an Opty instead of this crap 3700.:rolleyes:

I see your running your pump at 14v... much of a difference? I'm sure I read in the manual for my D5 (same thing), that they're rated for up to 24v... How do you manage to get a 14v feed to the thing? I might give it a go, I like the idea of an OC'ed pump:D

I use a seperate Meanwell S12-500 Power Supply to run my cooling system. It's adjustable from 12 to 17 volts.

Don't want to burst any bubbles but Prime has to have 3dMark01 with it..

He's just looking for suggestions to OC a bit more, not an OCDB entry...

Junfan, I'll print out your settings and see where you might be able to go..........

EDIT: And scale that image down to 800 x 600 before it gets deleted...

Well that blows. I am going to submit for ocdb once I get this where I am happy with it. I do not have anything but the newest 3dmark. Guess I am off to try to find the others. Can someone please enlighten me why I have to have 01, 03, 05 etc... I know that they probably test different DX versions but there must be more to it that I do not understand.

Each version stresses the system differently. It's not uncommon to pass all but one and then spend hours tweaking memory settings to pass the last.

The different 3dMark versions focus on different aspects of your rig and being stable in one does not necessarily mean stability in another. Often 3dMark03 will pose an issue above others.

You're getting good results with your 4400+ Junfan, if you're getting 2530 at those volts then I'd say you should be able to hit fx-60 speeds fairly easily :D

Well that blows. I am going to submit for ocdb once I get this where I am happy with it. I do not have anything but the newest 3dmark. Guess I am off to try to find the others. Can someone please enlighten me why I have to have 01, 03, 05 etc... I know that they probably test different DX versions but there must be more to it that I do not understand.

You can get all of the 3D benchies from majorgeeks...

http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads4.html

filefront has them all of them available as well. I was averaging 750KB/Sec on filefront last night.

Thanks just finished downloading them. Guess they were easier to find than I thought they might be. Just will have to rerun my prime stress tonight. No biggie.

Let me make sure I got this right from my reading.

230 * 4 means I am running at 920 * 2 = 1840 htt. The limit sounds to be around 2ghz if I recall. After reading everything though it appears that mhz is king. overclocking the htt and having really tight memory timings are not as important. So I need to find a way to get more mhz.