The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. I still don't know what PWMIC is but I got soundx98 data files to work. Copying over the DATA folder didn't work right. I had to uninstall then reinstall MBM 5. The custom data files need some tweaking for my box but all should be good now.

Thank you.

PWMIC are AFAIK the black blocks on the right of the cpu which is used to regulate volts to the componants on the mobo

everyone is kinda right depending on what question you are asking here :)

This is the location of the PWMIC sensor (little yellow thingy)

pwmicsensorvo8.jpg

The actual IC is located near the 24 pin according to this thread

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...ht=PWMIC+Sensor

And yes those are MOSFETs under the heatsink.

The PWMIC is rated for high temps so don't be makin' yourself all crazy if it's 50 degrees C :D

:)

It's a real feel good thread for me too.

Everybody gets it working. _xhp_'s fine work brings temp display to the NVidia masses. Double the temp goodness now. :D Kudos to Unwinder for RivaTuner and WiZzard1 at www.techpowerup.com (ATITool) as well. Smartaz dudes.

The author, Alex Van Kaam , did just awesome work making it so configurable.

Mess around with the OnScreenDispaly and MBM5 Screensaver. Fun stuff too.

The GPU temp for NV cards is now working. Will give it a try today. Looks nice. Does MBM log any alarm in temperature and voltage to a file?

Sound: are you still using the new OCZ Gold 2x512?

The GPU temp for NV cards is now working. Will give it a try today. Looks nice. Does MBM log any alarm in temperature and voltage to a file?

Mbm has powerful loging options... There is a option named "Write all alarm message to a log file" ;)

@ suio - and you can use MBMLog for graphics display as well.

mbm_temp.gif

Just got done lapping the sheet out of my XP-120. Right down to the copper base. Temps dropped 3 degrees. Maybe it was just a better application of the Shin Etsu. (Gehsundheit)

XP-120.bmp

The OCZ Gold 3200 is great stuff. Clean at 250x11. Can't seem to get it any higher but for $121 it's impossible to beat.

250x11.JPG