The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a look at my last post which describes how i got it working with this motherboard.It's been a while since I last looked at it but IIRC it pretty much covers everything I did.

*Edit*

Even better have a look at Faheyd's post here which expands on the details from mine with what he did.

Appreciate the help, but still could not get the voltages nor cpu loads

to work. Wish I could have. I loved MBM for a lot of years, but maybe

it's time to move on. Again thanks.

Appreciate the help, but still could not get the voltages nor cpu loads

to work. Wish I could have. I loved MBM for a lot of years, but maybe

it's time to move on. Again thanks.

Looking at my previous posts this is a less disjointed summary of the changes I made to get it working:

1. Installed MBM 5.3.7.0

2. Installed Update 3 (I did not install updates 1 & 2 first)

3. Installed and configured the CoreTemp Plugin 1.13

4. Installed and configured the NVPlugin 7.22

5. Set the following sensors in the MBM5.ini Temperature section:

193 Motherboard

194 NF4 Chipset

192 CPU (non-core)

6. Added the following into the voltage.ini:

[Winbond W83627THF-A]

VT=6

V6=Asus P5N-E SLI

V6V1=$20*0.016 // CORE0

V6V2=255 // CORE1

V6V3=$21*0.016 // 3.3V

V6V4=$23*0.016*1.68 // 5V

V6V5=$24*0.016*4 // 12V

V6V6=255 // -12V

V6V7=255 // -5V

V6V8=$28*0.016 // VBAT

A screenshot of the results can be found in my last post on the setup here.

HTH,

Opener

Please guys I have asus m2n sli deluxe and I checked on MBM settings asus m2n all revisions but all temps are zero (0) is there any chance to work MBM with my asus m2n sli deluxe and amd athlon 64 x2 4800+? :sad: is there some plugin for my mother board? chipset nvidia 570.

I have never seen MBM5 working with AM2's. Sorry but I can't help you at this time.

I would suggest Everest (www.lavalys.com) as it is what I used for my brief time on an AM2 board. Just a great program.

I have recently purchased an ASUS Maximus (my 1st non-DFI in about 5 years)

So maybe I'll get lucky and find something that can help you or others.

Found this thread while trying to figure out how to get MBM 5 working with my P5N-E... many thanks to all.

One thing though that nobody has mentioned is fan RPM speeds-I can't seem to get them to work at all. I do get speeds on all three sensors, but can't seem to modify any of the settings to get them to display actual fan speeds. They might be complete nonsense, as I only have two fans in my system, but there are different speeds being display on all three sensors. Has anybody been able to get this to work?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I need some help. I have the Alphacool 2Bay LCD and have an EVGA 790i Ultra motherboard. I have installed MBM5 but need the correct configuration for it to read the motherboard temps etc so that my alphacool LCD can work properly with the readings.

Can anyone direct me with the MBM5 file for this motherboard and how to fix it in the Alphacool program?

Thanks in advance!

Luigi

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Not sure if this thread will continue (or if it needs to).

256,000 Views of the thread later I am sitting here smiling, just glad it helped folks.

Quite a read... 130+ pages! Congratulations on such an informative thread and the contributions you and others have made here.

I upgraded to Vista Home Premium SP1 last week (a momentary lapse of reason) and was wondering why I couldn't get my graphics cards to show the temperatures and frequencies like they did in Windows XP. Alas; after reading through this encyclopaedia of a thread and following the guides, it seems that Vista nVidia reporting is a no-go (and to think I installed nTune out of sheer desperation).

Is anyone able to (or working towards) getting nVidia cards into MBM5 - especially SLi?

Quite a read... 130+ pages! Congratulations on such an informative thread and the contributions you and others have made here.

I upgraded to Vista Home Premium SP1 last week (a momentary lapse of reason) and was wondering why I couldn't get my graphics cards to show the temperatures and frequencies like they did in Windows XP. Alas; after reading through this encyclopaedia of a thread and following the guides, it seems that Vista nVidia reporting is a no-go (and to think I installed nTune out of sheer desperation).

Is anyone able to (or working towards) getting nVidia cards into MBM5 - especially SLi?

No working plug-in for nVidia/Vista with MBM5, so it's just not gonna happen.

You could try dual booting XP and Vista.

Use XP for games and normal usage and Vista for sending error reports :)

Sorry I couldn't help ya.

Thanks... I thought as muc but no harm in asking I suppose. Been playing around with RivaTuner 2.09 in the meantime and it seems to be able to do most of what I want.