The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

Yeah, I'm using it with Riva tuner. But the idea of getting it directly from the cards and through MBM is so that we don't have to use Rivatuner. One less program to have on :)

Well, I started working on that, then somebody asked "why doesn't it work with sli", so I worked on the SLI version... When I find some time I'll try to finish it...

LOL I still can't believe people want my cheesy little Samurize I did. This weekend, I'll save the files it uses, zip em all up and post it in a thread then. I just look at some of the things graphic artists create for their Samurize that make mine look like a 5 year old did it. :P

Shouldn't there be some sort of export function within samurize...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a lot of people would appreciate it Flybye.

Do a little tutorial on setting it up and make it easy for everyone to use.

Then they have a common starting point to experiment from.

Tendokem1slip did a great job in #388 but his pics aren't showing up anymore. I'd like to use the format he did (cause great screenshots with arrows and highlights), and some stuff on your Samurize and such and really do a better job explaining step by step what to do with MBM5. Any volunteers to help lay it out and write it would be greatly appreciated. Sometimes I can't seem to convey the right instructions.

xhp is doing a killer job but I don't always understand what he's saying. over my head. :) And I am sure my babling through the thread is plenty confusing.

So my goal is too clean it up. Can I get a hand from anybody? Please?

I am happy to give you a hand with this if you like... let me know how you wish to go about this. :D

I think a lot of people would appreciate it Flybye.

Do a little tutorial on setting it up and make it easy for everyone to use.

Then they have a common starting point to experiment from.

Tendokem1slip did a great job in #388 but his pics aren't showing up anymore. I'd like to use the format he did (cause great screenshots with arrows and highlights), and some stuff on your Samurize and such and really do a better job explaining step by step what to do with MBM5. Any volunteers to help lay it out and write it would be greatly appreciated. Sometimes I can't seem to convey the right instructions.

xhp is doing a killer job but I don't always understand what he's saying. over my head. :) And I am sure my babling through the thread is plenty confusing.

So my goal is too clean it up. Can I get a hand from anybody? Please?

I'd be thrilled.

Well we will need a lot of screen shots that are 800x600 or less at a medium resolution that's readable so we don't eat all Angry's bandwidth. I'm proposing a step by step walk through of set up. While many of us oldfahts are familiar with MBM5 it's brand new too others.

quick example of what I'm thinkin' but really need to do it for all sections. Here's

WheresWaldo post on setting up ATITool. Would be great with Pics. http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...85&postcount=62

Wish that dang tendukom1slip still had his pics up in post #388. Highlighted and stuff, really purty and easy to follow.

I tried to do SMART enablement here http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...82&postcount=79

Need that for NV setup as well. A visual walk through of the xhp pug-in.

Lots of images in the thread but many could be reduced in size or type easily.

Just lot's of your time man. I wide open to any ideas anyone has. A section on Samurize by Flybye will be very kewl.

Let me know if you or anyone else is still up for it. I've still got lots of space to host images

Welcome aboard SaFrOuT!

You could do a screen of the Dashboard opened all the way up (and how to open it up) and show where the sensors will appear and which ones they are? Latest plug in should show both card temps right. I'm looking for words and pictures that make it EASY to follow. links to pics are fine as image tags can be added later. Host the pics yourself or pull them out of thread.

We need a clean how-to for setting up On ScreenDisplay (OSD) as well. You guys can prolly explain the procedure better than I. :)

EDIT:

@ncsa and SaFrOuT - I did some editing in the first post. Trying to make the links to programs and the links to thread posts easier to follow. (well I was trying to)

Really need some help on the NV card section as Ideally it will reflect _Xhp_'s excellent work and a how to set up post. Can some guys take a look at the 1st post in thread and see if it is easier to follow. danke.

Excellent, now another with what to do with the xhp driver/dll and how to add as plug-in. (Need to click start too, don't ya).

But I would like to keep the pics smaller and have the instructions seperately to save space/file size. Can you do the same thing in a post with the pics and the words. That way I can link right to it on the 1st page. :) take a look.

[1] u should have installed the latest version of MBM5 and used the special Data files as described in the first port by soundx98

[2] to use the nvidia plugin which was made by _xhp_ u need to d/l the latest version of it from here http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...6&postcount=397

* u should try the SLi version if u have a SLi setup, if not u should try Version 7 and if it won't work then u should try version 3

[3] now we have to extract the zipped file to this folder "C:Program FilesMotherboard Monitor 5Plugin" ( i prefer that u turn off MBM5 before placing the plugin )

[4] now start MBM5 and follow the following steps to enable the Gpu Core & Ambient reading in the Dashboard

* be sure to know that this plug uses sensors 25 & 26 (& 24 & 23 for sli) not the normal sensors which are used in the Data files u used after installing MBM5

[5] Open the Dashboard screen by right clicking on the MBM5 icon in the notification area and choosing "Dashboard" like in the fig below

baredashopen9lc.jpg

[6] Open the Settings window by also right clicking on the MBM5 icon in the notification area and choosing :Settings" like in the fig below

settingesopen1yx.jpg

[7] Enabling GPU Core ( Sensors 25 ) in the Dashboard screen

all u need to do is to

- Press on the 'Temperatures' icon the left vertical bar

- in the 'MBM5 sensor' list choose "Sensor 25"

- in the 'Should Display board sensor' list choose "Custom"

- press the blue 'Visual" icon and check the box infront if 'Display this temp in the dashboard screen'

gpucoresetup4cj.jpg

[8] Enabling GPU Ambient ( Sensor 26 ) in the Dashboard screen

now follow those steps to enable this feature if ur V/C support it

- in the 'MBM5 sensor' list choose "Sensor 26"

- in the 'Should Display board sensor' list choose "Custom" also

- press the blue 'Visual" icon and check the box infront if 'Display this temp in the dashboard screen'

gpuambsetup6ad.jpg

[9] now u r ready to start the plugin

- right click on the MBM5 icon in the notification area

- stand on the 'Plugin'

- a new list wil appear named " NV driver temperature monitoring v7.0a" stand on this new list wiht the mouse which will generate a new list with two options

max105pn.jpg

choose start plugin and wait for few seconds , now u should be able to see

ur Gpu Core/Ambient temp in the dashboard screen

P.S. Be sure to take care of the "Boxes" since they may overlap and to look underneath if all fail to display. AND to OPEN the dashboard ALL THE WAY, for detailed info see this post

Well, Samurize DOES have a nice little export utility that will save my config into one neat file.

Thing is my images are scattered on my second harddrive. In the next few days I'll consolidate everything into my Samurize folder so when I go export it, noone should have any hassles.

It's won't simply be plug-n-play though. People will stil have to setup the computer name in some of the parameters to make some of the meters work. For example the network indicator has to be setup to link with the network card within your specific computer. I guess I'll pop in a few images in there.

Maybe we should have a thread specifically for connecting MBM to Samurize, or should we keep it all in here?

UPDATE: v7.2 of the plugin now supports GPU Core & Mem clock Frequencies.

You will need:

_xhp_ RivaTuner Plugin for SLi .. get the latest here

Soundx98 MBM5 and Data files from post #1

Optional - now only required if used for tweaking

UnWinder RiverTuner here @ The Guru3D

MBM5

Install MBM5 as per Soundx98 steps.

Extract _xhp_'s SLI plugin .dll file

Copy MBM5 SLI .dll Plugin to Plugin Dir (example shows V7 SLi dll)

mbm5sliplugindllcopy8pl.th.jpg

Startup MBM5 and right click on the MBM5 icon in the tray

Start Plugin for MBM5

mbm5slipluginstart7ff.th.jpg

Open the MBM5 Settings to modify and update the nVidia sensors

Set sensors 23-26 for each GPU - Temp and Ambient

Enable them to be visible in the Dashboard

mbm5gputempsettings2ek.th.jpg

Open MBM5 Dashboard now showing nVidia SLi GPUs with GPU & Mem clocks :nod:

mbm5dbgpuclkprob3c9id.jpg

Optional

RivaTuner is now only required for performance tweaking as MBM5 plug-in now supports GPU CPU & Memory Frequencies

Rivertuner HW Monitor

Install RiverTuner and open application - select HW monitor

mbm5rivertunerhwmon4yh.th.jpg

RiverTuner HW Monitor Enable - The big RED button

Enable HW Monitor by selecting the RED button.

mbm5rivertunerhwmonenable2rc.th.jpg

Flybye please take your time and use as many images as possible. (Remember no larger than 800x600 and reduced in size whenever possible). While we understand it won't be plug N pray it WILL make it a lot easier for others to experiment. Please give the appropriate credit to authors as well. Make sure you give us links for programs and such.

I think it's best to keep in this thread as a post. (god knows we have enough threads all ready. It will allow us to link to it from the front page and you can udgrade/edit it should new information or questions arize. I assure you that full credit will be given to you and the link will be easy to find.

I intend to delete the "Airplane Cockpit" Visualization in Post#1 and use your Samurize screen in it's place. We'll place a link right above it. Got you name up all ready and everything.

Really lookin forward to it.