The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

Whoops ... I swear I enabled the plugin before I restarted. It's enabled now, and the Settings are set to custom ... and the ambient graph now shows a temperature, but the My GPU, GPU ENV, and SMART HD are all still 0.

It looks like other GeForce 6800 GT users got those numbers working.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Open up the dasboard ALL THE WAY.

One of the sensors is being hidden or you didn't tell MBM5 to display in Dashboard (under visual). I bet it's there.

Ignore the GPU/GPU ENV temps as they are from ATITool for ATI users.

Need to have SMART enabled in bios and have a SMART enabled HDD. Won't read RAID arrays. Insure MBM5 settings - General - Basic go to bottom of page and enable HDD sensor.

You're close.

I thought the program might read my X800 but no go. RivaTuner notifies me that it DOES NOT support this version of the driver. Should work, shouldn't it _xhp_?

Maybe I did something wrong

OK ... you guys are awesome ... I think I got it.

1) I THOUGHT I had it opened all the way. I didn't. (Too much time around end users today apparently)

2) I now see the GPU Core & Ambient Temperature graphs.

3) I am using RAID, so I have hidden the GPU/GPU ENV temps and the SMART HD Temps.

Last question: Is there a way to compress the boxes to eliminate the blank spaces ?

I thought the program might read my X800 but no go. RivaTuner notifies me that it DOES NOT support this version of the driver. Should work, shouldn't it _xhp_?

Maybe I did something wrong

From the rivatuner's system requirements:

# Windows 98 (updated MFC libraries required), Windows 98 SE, Windows ME, Windows 2000 or Windows XP.

# Any desktop display adapter based on NVIDIA NV4, NV5, NV10, NV11, NV15, NV17, NV18, NV20, NV25, NV28, NV30, NV31, NV34, NV35, NV36, NV38, NV40, NV41, NV44, NV47, NV48 GPU or ATI R200, RV250, RV280, R300, RV350, R350, RV360, R360, RV370, RV380, R420, RV410, R423, R430, R480 VPU based display adapter.

# Detonator 2.08 or higher NVIDIA reference drivers for Windows 98 / Windows 98 SE or Windows ME.

# Detonator 5.08 or higher NVIDIA reference drivers for Windows 2000 / Windows XP.

You should be in... But

" Core and ambient temperature monitoring for reference design RV360, R360, RV410 and R4x0 based boards with LM63 sensor chip. ". If your card has LM63 it should work...

If the drivers are new (new catalist was just released, I think) rivatuner probably wont work with them (until the author has done some testing, I presume)...

Try playing with the settings a bit...

You should try http://www.guru3d.com/rivatuner/ -> forum

To modify the latest plugin for SLI use I need at least one sli user that knows how to use a debbuger (you do not have to know how to use it, if you have it installed that is enough :) (VS6/7, borland c++, any kernel level...) )...

Feel foolish After all of the reading I just did, I installed plugin, enabled plugin, checked box to display temps of GPU in the dashboard, and nothing Ok didnt set configure temp sensors 25, 26

Where do I configure the temp sensors looking all over MBM Ughh

Ok I looked in MBM system info and it is reading 25, 26 temps those temps match riva tuner and NV temp readings but there not showing in the dashboard

Ok I looked in MBM system info and it is reading 25, 26 temps those temps match riva tuner and NV temp readings but there not showing in the dashboard

i think u didn't read enough :)

in the open Settings ==> Temp and then choose sensor 25 and press on the visual icon and check the box infron of " Display this temp in Dashoard "