The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

guys who own a NVidia cards doesn't need to install rivatuner at all, just install MBM5 and place the plugin of _xhp_ in the plugin folder and it will work without the need of any extrenal prg

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st I've heard of reboot issues. Something awry for sure. Very strange that it worked for a while. frikkin puters :)

I'd suggest uninstalling both RivaTuner and MBM5 to begin with.

As SaFrOuT said, there is no need to use Riva Tuner with _xhp_'s latest plug in.

re-Install MBM5 without the plug-in to start with. If all temps are reading OK after a number of reboots, I would add the NV plug-in then. Did you overclock the card using RivaTuner?

Hi,

I set up riva tuner and the mbm just as was discussed in the thread. It was working perfectly up until lastnight and today. Everytiime I open the MBM my pc just shuts down. This only occurs when I open that program.. Did I miss something or mess something up? Easy on the terms by the way, Noobie in the House.

Delete the plugin dll from the plugins dir. Try starting mbm then...

It seems like the "custom" sensor would need to be setup. How could two locations share the same sensor and show different temps?

EDIT:

Ignore me: I didn't have the plugin enabled...now I get temps for GPU and GPU 2 but both ambient temps are still 0.

I also had temps getting stacked on top of one another in the dashboard.

Did anyone ever get ambient to work in SLI?

Thanks for sharing :)

It's really good for people to post their experiences here. Both positive and negative. Makes it easier for others to get it set up. It's just a matter of becoming familiar with MBM5 and how to adjust the settings.

Certainly far easier than tweakin memory timings. :D

Nice rig ElDuderino - Welcome to the forums

Ok. I tried uninstalling MBM last nyt and re-installing it a couple of times. Unusually, MBM would run but after clicking on the dasboard and the settings, it would shut down. One time, it read that "some errors" occured but shut down before I could read it. The other time it ran fine, then a couple of alarms went of , saying that there was some parts were way above normal(again I was not able to take note coz it shut down). I checked evererst and most of my components were way within normal temps. When I get home I will uninstall both riva and MBM and try what safrout said. TY guys

now I get temps for GPU and GPU 2 but both ambient temps are still 0.

I also had temps getting stacked on top of one another in the dashboard.

Did anyone ever get ambient to work in SLI?

Maybe :) , sli version of the plugin is ~2 days old and only a couple of users tryed it...

You should have at least the ambient of the first card...

1) what plugin are you using?

2) do you see the temperatures in the nv display properties?

3) do you see the temperatures in the rivatuner

edit:

4) what sensors are you using, are you sure they are set correctly

Ok. I tried uninstalling MBM last nyt and re-installing it a couple of times. Unusually, MBM would run but after clicking on the dasboard and the settings, it would shut down. One time, it read that "some errors" occured but shut down before I could read it. The other time it ran fine, then a couple of alarms went of , saying that there was some parts were way above normal(again I was not able to take note coz it shut down). I checked evererst and most of my components were way within normal temps. When I get home I will uninstall both riva and MBM and try what safrout said. TY guys

some users ( including me )faced many problem swith MBM5 when they had everest installed

so un install both of them and then install MBM5 and it should work finely

Maybe :) , sli version of the plugin is ~2 days old and only a couple of users tryed it...

You should have at least the ambient of the first card...

1) what plugin are you using?

2) do you see the temperatures in the nv display properties?

3) do you see the temperatures in the rivatuner

edit:

4) what sensors are you using, are you sure they are set correctly

1. v 7.0a SLI

2. I don't have any ambient temps in the nv display properties but my two GPU temps are perfectly matched to what I have in MBM5

3. I never did try rivatuner...do I need to have it installed to get the ambient temps? Ambient really isnt that big of a concern to me, I just want to get it working right.

Btw, this is awesome....both the plugin and the data folder.

EDIT: 4. sensors I am using: 23 24 25 26--24 & 26 would be the ambient sensors and they are both set to custom.

2. I don't have any ambient temps in the nv display properties but my two GPU temps are perfectly matched to what I have in MBM5

It is possible that your card does not have the ambient sensors enabled. I dont't know much about 7800gtx - maybe others can help...

If you do not see the temperatures in the nv display properties you won't see them in the mbm with the plugin (since the plugin is doing 99.99% the same thing as the nv properties to get the temps) or in the rivatuner :(