The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

MY Mushkin (same as yours) does 255 at same timings.

Lets get back on topic but try to increase your Vdram to like 3.3 and try 9x multi

Did you get a chance to rad THunDA's 64 OC guide?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a evga 6600gt and i cant get the any of the gpu sensors to work. i tried copying the v7 plugin into plugins and then turning it on, but gpu and gpu env temps still read zero. ive also tried the rivatuner thing, but doesnt help. i followed the guide and im stuck... ive tried streching out the window and still no readings...

thanks guys.

i have a evga 6600gt and i cant get the any of the gpu sensors to work. i tried copying the v7 plugin into plugins and then turning it on, but gpu and gpu env temps still read zero. ive also tried the rivatuner thing, but doesnt help. i followed the guide and im stuck... ive tried streching out the window and still no readings...

thanks guys.

this plugin report the tmep tp sensors 25 and 26 not the default GPU and GPU env , so all u need to do is to enable those sensors in ur dashboard and to set them to Custom instead of None

yeah everything else is working great. just the gpu and gpu env temp.

ill give safrout's suggestion a try.

btw, whats the maximum temp of an evga 6600gt? i clocked it to 550mhz and1100mhz respectively and i ran 3rdmark05. the temp sky rockedted to 98C. stock cooling, so i got scared and dropped it down to stock. got a 3860; is that good??

looking at getting a watercooling kit when funds come in.

Guest cyclepath
Lets get back on topic ;) ... I need some SLI users to test the attached version... Look out for sensors 24&23 (unknown1?&unknown2?)...

Well done XHP I've think you've cracked it. Sensor 23 looks like GPU2 Ambient and 24 looks like GPU Core temps. Its abit hard to tell cos they're watercooled so the temps of the 2 gpus are nearly always the same. But I think its works, maybe someone else can confirm. Brilliant Work :nod:

thanks SaFrout! IT WORKED! Great program soundx98. The only problem now is that the gpu temp sometimes reads zero. i have rivatuner running and settings are selected as instructed.

any info on whats a good and max temp of a 6600gT?

thanks SaFrout! IT WORKED! Great program soundx98. The only problem now is that the gpu temp sometimes reads zero. i have rivatuner running and settings are selected as instructed.

any info on whats a good and max temp of a 6600gT?

Make sure your sensors are set to custom (it could br the cause of the 0 reads).

Try mbmnvdriver plugin as it does not require ANY external application (like rivatuner)...

Core slowdown treshold is 127C for 6600gt (you can read it from nv properties)... However, leadtek winfast aplication that comes with my 6600gt displays max core temperature of 90C. I keep my gpu core alarm in mbm at 81C...

I downloaded little app 10 minutes ago Called ATITool - it has artifact detecting feature - I ran it and my temp reached a max of 77C, and then stabilised at 75C!! I have never seen it that high! No artifacts...

ATITool is a very kewl program. Are you using the latest Beta?

can you modify it to read NV card temps and send them to MBM5?

Any new developments on your requests for SysTool with WiZzard?

ATITool is a very kewl program. Are you using the latest Beta?

I think it is the latest beta (I downloaded the program one hour ago so it probaby is :) ).

But I never tought I will se temperatue so high with my 6600gt...

With hours of playing GTA SA, HL2 and similar I couldn't even get close to that temp...

30 seconds running atitool and that little 10x10cm window -> 77C!

can you modify it to read NV card temps and send them to MBM5?

No, becouse it does not even read NV temps as far as I can see...

Any new developments on your requests for SysTool with WiZzard?

WiZzard is a exceptional guy... I requested the feature to export sensor data to the shared memory and within 24 hours he added it to the program :)

As far as I know he will in the near future redesign the tray icons...

Loading minimised was already implemented (I didn't see it), BUT as systool uses html gui as it primary tab and tries to refresh it every time it starts, it pops up my "dial up connection dialog", which is anoying...

It seems I have a wierd problem with systool memory usage (minimised)... Sometimes it is ~2-3MB, but sometimes it is >7MB... It also seems to rise slowly, like there are some memory leaks... I posted more info on the systool forum...

But, it is a alpha release... WiZzard is releasing a new version every second day so I am sure it will become a great tool, maybe it will even replace mbm in my pc one day ...

Hi,

I set up riva tuner and the mbm just as was discussed in the thread. It was working perfectly up until lastnight and today. Everytiime I open the MBM my pc just shuts down. This only occurs when I open that program.. Did I miss something or mess something up? Easy on the terms by the way, Noobie in the House.