Crucial Ballistix 2x1GB PC4000 kit gone bad (merged)

omg,i'm very worried when i read your reports thouse mem parts. :(

i get my fx-60 tomorrow (100%) and then i can test my Crucial parts...

but i order now also Mushkin 2GB DDR XP4000 Redline Extreme

Performance Dual Channel Kit (2x1GB)(991493) parts also for if thouse not run good.

getting next week. :)

:/

btw,i buy thouse memories from Overclockers UK.

i hope thouse crucial work! i pay them about 330 euros! well guarantie is ok.

i hope..

Obviously your not a poor person, but anyone with any sense wouldn't buy the FX-60 for how much they cost. An opteron 170 (£300) or 175 which will be with me tomorrow as well :) (£350) can both hit 2.7 on air cooling. Some even 3.0!!! The FX-60 is 2.6 and probly will defo hit 3, i dont know but £800!!! more than twice the price!!! Your old comp isnt a slougch either so you probably do have more money than sense lol ;) Hell, the 180 is only £550, And that will keep up with the FX-60. Only difference i see is the 4MB cache on the FX-60 which is debatable on the performance.

Me personally though i'd be thinking about what i could have done with £400 if i had the 175!! But thats me :)

EDIT: IT even as the same L2 Cache!!! To me it makes no sense spending money on such a slight, if any performance gain!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats what they told me when I called them. Or they said you could exchange them for another "compatible" set.

I was told similarly just the other day when i spoke to Crucial. Apparently they have stock available (i presume to cover the 'large' RMA problem on the Ballistix line), and should they run out they would offer fair market value as a refund. I have the exact log in an email but that's the jist of it.

Well spoke to Crucial UK today who have said they have officially run out of Ballistix Tracer RAM, arg :/ Add to that they are only willing to replace it with normal non LED Ballistix. They offer no refund option as the sticks were not bought direct from them. Not overly impressed, although at least it is a lifetime warranty.

Guest Crimson

Spoke with Crucial USA yesterday and they have now told me to send the sticks in to be replaced. Whats suck is that they won't cross-ship replacements even if I offer to pay for them and be refunded.

Crucial Ballistix went down on Saturday phoned crucial for RMA the women on the phone said they had no stock and I would after to wait 2 weeks for them to arrive so I brought some G.Skill on the Saturday.

Posted my crucial Ballistix Tuesday 31/01/06 for RMA and had a email on the 2/2/06 off crucial saying

"Great news! Your crucial memory order is packaged and ready to ship by

Royal Mail INS 500. To check on the status of your shipment, click on

the link below. You must reference your order number when checking on

the status of your shipment".

48 hours "that’s quick"

Just checked the shipping should be here before 1pm tomorrow.

EDIT: I got them 8:30am this morning very impreesed with the RMA service

Bach number: CL11167.M3

I haven't visited in a while, and this thread is soooo big, I just don't have time to read it all :shake:

BUT, maybe it's mentioned somewhere in here, it ain't just the 1 GB sticks. I've had 3 of the 512 meg PC4000 sticks go bad on me since I originally bought a pair around March of last year. I still have to RMA the pair I currently have. I'm gonna do that next week, and when the replacents come in, I'll be using them to put together something for my bro-in-law. He knows what the deal is with these, if they go bad on him, I'll take care of it. The machine won't be getting heavy use anyway.

As for my box, I hopped onto the G.SKILL HZ bandwagon, and it's been a smooth ride so far. It looks like the Ultra-D and the HZ want to be friends. :)