Sign in to follow this  
jhbodle

Crucial Ballistix 2x1GB PC4000 kit gone bad (merged)

Guest Crimson

Well, I just spoke with support, and they indicated to me that the 2gb Crucial Ballistix kit is no longer manufactuered, all they can offer me is a 2gb kit of PC3200. So, I paid well over $300 for my ram, and I should swap it out for normal PC3200? They are INSANE.. I hope Newegg stands behind this product.

Crucial has lost me as a customer for life, and I have spent several thousand dollars on their ram.. Its a drop in the bucket for someone like them, but I guess if there are enough people like us it will hurt them.

Did you call or 'chat with an expert'?

I had to call twice. So try, try again. I know they got a shipment in recently.

Don't let the uninformed people misinform you.

Guest ElAguila

My rma from newegg will be in this afternoon. I will post the batch numbers so you can see what they are sending out. I will then put it up for sale as I have already gone with gskill.

Guest ElAguila

I just saw that the crucial 2x1gb pc4000 is no longer listed on newegg's website. All I found were 1GB sticks of refurbished z503 memory.

Yea, its being phased out. Crucial still has some sets available for those people needing an RMA. They got one of their final shipments yesterday, IIRC.

Well, seems like they know there's a problem but arnt willing let us know what it is.

Begs to think, Even the good sets, How long will they last??? A year? 2!!! Something to think about isnt it when theres no warrenty on them!!!!! :confused:

No, i meant after 1 year the warrenty goes, So with all these failures, who says they arnt going break just after a year. ANd with them retracting them from the market, There may be a high chance of them failing and there wont be nothing you can do then!!!

And in the UK they do refund you even if you didnt buy them from them. as an earlier post stated cause overclocker UK are toss and didnt even find anything wrong with them.

Guest ElAguila

Just got the replacements. They are in hard plastic containers instead of the antistatic bag. The numbers from them are z503.16TD and batch CL1115Z.QB.