Best antivirus hands down

spectrascope

Hello...I've used Norton, McAfee, and AVG in the past. Norton has been cumbersome, I've had that and other issues with McAfee, and AVG has been fine as a free service, however, I've been running Trend Micro Internet Security now for about 2-1/2 years and probably won't switch anytime soon.

Only a few times have I been notified that TM has needed my assistance (can't solve a problem automatically by itself but needs the human touch) on an issue. When that occurs, instead of weeding through masses of web pages to resolve the unknown, Trend Micro tech support has been tremendous in a step-by-step resolution -- if you're willing to spend money on a program, that in itself makes it money well-spent.

Trend Micro also has the ability to warn you about potentially malicious web pages you may inadvertently (or purposely) visit and gently suggests you scram.

I appreciate it a lot and also have it running on 3 other systems (recommend it to family and friends as well)...but it may not be for everyone.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been using Kaspersky for at least 4 years with no probs at all. Most of us are probably carefull about what we download and where we download it from. But one thing that we may not be so carefull about, is where we browse to. Kaspersky is the only AV that i know of, that when you end up on a malicious website, warns you and stops loading the page immediately. To me, that sort of protection is very important and is one of those small things that you just don't get with other AV's.

if you use firefox with noscript/wot/mcafee site adviser problem solved 100%

AVG does this as well in 8.0....

I have tried it and it does work...maybe not strong enough to get all web sites but it does get the known ones...

I have been using AVG since 5.0 and it has done well but 8.0 has had its share of issue...from download update being corrupt or the missing .bin file error...it has all worked out but I did switch to Avast on the media server...I got tired of the issues of AVG during a movie or music...even after 2 fresh installs it was still problematic...

They have seem to have gotten the issue fixed as i havent noticed any of those pop-ups in any pc I have an a couple months...

AVG is the lighter of the ones mentioned here and the the most fool proof I would say...just install and go...

Avast is more complicated and takes up more resources...but is still good none the less...

Lately I've been getting annoyed with how bulky and non-user-friendly AVG has been getting (specifically after they moved to v8.0), so I loaded up Clamwin. I've heard very little about it, but I'm giving it a shot. I keep Clamwin on my main and AVG on my secondary, and if I'm really concerned I'll drop files on a share and scan with both using each computer. So far I'm pretty happy with it.

Anyone else used/using Clamwin and have any feelings about it?

Where I work we have a license for Mcafee enterprise for home use as well. It works well at home. Before that I was using AVG and Threatfire in combination and never had any problems.

Where I work we have a license for Mcafee enterprise for home use as well. It works well at home. Before that I was using AVG and Threatfire in combination and never had any problems.

Yeah i use avg and threatfire in combo and never have any problems. We have Mcafee enterprise and it sucks. Systems come in at work all the time with viruses.

I use Norton and Trend Micro. They all work just fine. Never had any issues and they don't affect my computers' perfomance. By the way, let's let this die; Harima dug it up after 7 months.

• 2 weeks later...