Best antivirus hands down

spectrascope

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thx guys I have tried nod32 and found it to be good for what I need, for some reason panda made computer very slow. As far avast and avg go, I like them but the person that I asked this question for is an idiot when it comes to computers. So I guess I should have asked for idiot proof virus scan if one exist, I know there will always be a better idiot but I have to try.

NOD32 is the best hands down. When I had it on my old computer I couldn't be happier with it. It was fast, I'm assuming detection was good (I tend to not get any virii), and lightweight.

However for my laptop I didn't want to pay for a antivirus program, so I use AVG Free with no complaints.

• 1 month later...

I have several clients that all run different A/V's. To give my personal/professional opinion. I am a AVG partner, and it is a solid A/V for free, the paid version is good as well, but it is neither here nor there. Nod32 is a very good program as well, although not my favorite.

Right now, i am torn between Kaspersky and Bit Defender. Currently, I am running Bit Defender for several reasons.

Bit Defender Suite has built in Backup Software, a very good option to come with an Internet Security Suite. Also they have a gamer mode :)

I checked for any vulnerabilities (open ports etc.) and this is one of the only Suites that not only blocks all open ports, but any port that is open, it stealth's them. I have had other Suites that were not this secure.

Kaspersky was my favorite for a long time, but i wanted to try something new. And BitDefender offers 2 years protection for 3 workstations for only 60 bucks.

My .2 cents

Sean

No mentions of Kaspersky?

I also use zone alarm free edition with free avg....

Software firewalls just hog up system resources and provide a false sense of security. Get a hardware firewall (most routers can act as one).

I use NOD32. I had tried Avast, and hated it.

I'm useing for 5 years Anti-Vir Avira and i didn't have problem! Its free, update almost every day! Just install and forget it!

www.free-av.com

It is the fastest and one of most security!!!