Best antivirus hands down

spectrascope

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are certainly apps which do better than others, but I have yet to see any one that is the be all and end all. I recently worked on a computer that was crawling with malware, I ran over 10 different apps and every one found something that the others missed.

I am looking for best anti-virus software hands down for xp home, I know xp pro would be better but no option in this case so sophos is out. anyway thx in advance.

another vote for AVG

I am looking for best anti-virus software hands down for xp home, I know xp pro would be better but no option in this case so sophos is out. anyway thx in advance.

another vote for AVG

another vote for AVG

I like what OneCare does for my entire network. I run 6 machines in my home, each of my 2 sons have a system and the wife & I have two. (desktop and laptop). I like the way I can scan everyone and defrag, virus/spyware, and backup all with one program that also stops my family members from allowing bad things to run on the system when they are on the net.

I used Norton and Macaffe for years and they both are super resource intensive and have issues with other apps. OneCare has never given me a single problem. Been using it from Beta till now

I like what OneCare does for my entire network. I run 6 machines in my home, each of my 2 sons have a system and the wife & I have two. (desktop and laptop). I like the way I can scan everyone and defrag, virus/spyware, and backup all with one program that also stops my family members from allowing bad things to run on the system when they are on the net.

I used Norton and Macaffe for years and they both are super resource intensive and have issues with other apps. OneCare has never given me a single problem. Been using it from Beta till now

I also used to use OneCare, but now I'm all for ESET Smart Security. It's basically NOD32 with a firewall and some spam control.

Also, OneCare is going under within the next year, so you might want to switch fast or renew your subscription before they discontinue the program and replace it.

AVG.....free

NOD32....pay

I used to use Avast but it kept getting bigger and slower. Switched to AVG and will never go back to Avast. I tried the 30 day trial of NOD32 and was very impressed. Fast and with a small footprint.

I've been using Kaspersky for at least 4 years with no probs at all. Most of us are probably carefull about what we download and where we download it from. But one thing that we may not be so carefull about, is where we browse to. Kaspersky is the only AV that i know of, that when you end up on a malicious website, warns you and stops loading the page immediately. To me, that sort of protection is very important and is one of those small things that you just don't get with other AV's.