Best antivirus hands down

spectrascope

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kaspersky For Pay

AVG for free

Norton to figure out if i have a virus (never have) then shut that crap off again. Norton does have great scanners, but BLAH for norty. Only have it cus my GF's comp came with it (special bundle deal, got us a free $200 printer)

When I had Norton it was brill for scanning I agree but I almost felt safe with it, but damn did it slow the system down and thats why I went over to NOD32 of which has been ok so far.

• 4 weeks later...

+(another 1) AVG free

The new one is pretty nice too. AVG 8 Free is out and has some other monitoring built in :)

I've been running AVG free on all my machine since 03. It's great. If I've ever had an issue it was becuase of my own dumbness

Also it doesn't mind x64 systems where some do.

i like AVG as well the only thing that i dont like is that its constantly downloading updates on boot

You can turn auto updates off.

Edited by pvtgump

• 2 weeks later...
From working for Geek Squad, I have noticed that I have NEVER seen a computer with nod32 or kaspersky in, but alot w/ avg etc

I hadn't seen a Kaspersky machine in awhile but have noticed lately that it has started to make quite the comeback. Avast and AVG have always been popular with the free crowd where as Panda, Norton and Trend Micro are most popular with the paying crowd. I have to admit I liked the Idea of LiveOneCare the ability to set it up to defrag, clear temp. files, update, scan the computer, etc. made it ace for those who were just beginning in computers or used their computers for email only and knew little else, but alas it just wasn't implemented well.

AVG 8.0 does it for me! I just need to figure out a way to turn off that annoying search scan without it complaining about something being disabled.

i don't like AVG 8, but i guess its cause im on an older system,slows my computer down, like when im playing games I noticed a 20 fps drop :angry:

i don't like AVG 8, but i guess its cause im on an older system,slows my computer down, like when im playing games I noticed a 20 fps drop :angry:

I'm happy with AVG. does a good job and of course it's free.