New Forum Skin!

Overclocker16

okay it appears that people are settling in to the new skin reasonably well - some really handy feedback thus far.

just in case some people were unaware of this thread - let any issues or suggestions be known.

i'm looking forward to the "fast reply" buttons being outlined again, as i still find myself losing them, as well as the right-side of the forum getting a vertical bar perhaps - looks empty atm! does george have any sort of eta for the major changes? (saying that, i think a good few have been addressed)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

does george have any sort of eta for the major changes? (saying that, i think a good few have been addressed)

hopefully by the end of the week, I guess he has to rename the skin images folder, but howard has to do that before they (the other changes) can be implemented ;)

edit: WOOT.gif for 3700 posts!

hopefully by the end of the week, I guess he has to rename the skin images folder, but howard has to do that before they (the other changes) can be implemented ;)

Spammer j/k

nub :P

I'd still like the "thread icons" (you know, the stuff that says if you've read a thread, if it's hot, if you posted in it, etc) to be updated so I can actually tell the difference between threads I've posted in and those I haven't. Is there any word if that is being worked on? No staff has commented on that yet :(

i still see things as "hot" and if they are read or unread. just as a sheet of paper.

blank = read and no reply.

orangey = hot topic and new reply

black lines = unread.

Right, but before the change, there would be a DOT in the lower-right corner that indicated you posted in that thread at some point. I loved that, and found it very useful.

Right, but before the change, there would be a DOT in the lower-right corner that indicated you posted in that thread at some point. I loved that, and found it very useful.

The dot will get added on the next release. ;)

You know what's really sad? I've been here two and a half years, plus I'm on staff, and I had no idea what those icons meant :P I guess I have to have something taken away from me in order to realize I ever had it :) Oh well, I only used to read topics off the front page until about 6 months ago :)

Also, I haven't commented on the new skin yet. At first, I didn't like it. I fear change :P But it's growing on me and I'm already having trouble remembering the old one. Nice work guys.

The only thing I've noticed so far is that the upper left fan graphic doesn't line up in the forums (it's fine on the homepage). Where the fan "hangs over" the silver home bar, the graphic is staggered and doesn't line up. I don't remember this being the case when the skin first launched though. Does anyone else see it that way, or is it just my crappy work PC?

The dot will get added on the next release. ;)
YAY! Thanks :D

The only thing I've noticed so far is that the upper left fan graphic doesn't line up in the forums (it's fine on the homepage). Where the fan "hangs over" the silver home bar, the graphic is staggered and doesn't line up. I don't remember this being the case when the skin first launched though. Does anyone else see it that way, or is it just my crappy work PC?
Hmm, interesting. I never noticed that before, but now it stands out like a sore thumb...thanks a lot :P:lol: Yeah, it seems like the blade that hands out into the dark blue area got cut off a little bit, missing the edges, whereas on the front page it's not like that (have both open in two different tabs and go back and forth...pretty noticeable that way if you don't know what we're referring to. Even on the silver part, the curved section of the both blades (on both pages) seem jagged and cropped, but not as bad, so I wouldn't worry too much about that part.

Hmm, interesting. I never noticed that before, but now it stands out like a sore thumb...thanks a lot :P:lol: Yeah, it seems like the blade that hands out into the dark blue area got cut off a little bit, missing the edges, whereas on the front page it's not like that (have both open in two different tabs and go back and forth...pretty noticeable that way if you don't know what we're referring to. Even on the silver part, the curved section of the both blades (on both pages) seem jagged and cropped, but not as bad, so I wouldn't worry too much about that part.

I think mine may be more dramatic than yours. I'll attach a pic of what I'm getting. I'm using IE6 at 1280 res, and expanding or contracting the window doesn't seem to effect it at all. Like I said, it's only in the forums. The homepage looks fine.

post-13138-1173207594.jpg

I think mine may be more dramatic than yours. I'll attach a pic of what I'm getting. I'm using IE6 at 1280 res, and expanding or contracting the window doesn't seem to effect it at all. Like I said, it's only in the forums. The homepage looks fine.

OMG, you're an IE user!!!

:lol: That's right, I caught ya :P

Yeah, I get that in IE, in FF it's fine though. IE and FF handle divs and tables differently, so that would explain the difference. Something's probably not nested correctly.