New Forum Skin!

Overclocker16

Similar to Camaro, I like the bar at the top with the links

I like how the buttons show off occ's colors, however te quote, reply, top, report buttons seem to have a differnt color of orange than the fastreply, addreply, and newtopic buttons

The way that all of the parts of the forum flow together look really good, it wasnt overdone with colors and its not too big of a change but it will take a little bit of getting used to

The only thing that I believe would make things look a little better would be to move the silver bar with the user links moved above the advertisements, it just seems out of place where it currently is at

Also under the fast reply the add reply, more options, and close fast reply buttons dont seem to flow very, they should be more like the fastreply, addreply, newtopic buttons or maybe like the buttons under quickedit (i dont know about the regular reply buttons as i never click addreply, only fastreply :) ), changing the color of the text and/or adding somesort of picture

I also love how the links in my sig now dont have the underline under the words unless you move your mouse over the text

hey clay, is this a little bit better and what you were looking for? :lol:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The new appearance looks good to me, but having "My Controls, View New Posts" etc on the left is really throwing me! :lol:

:lol:

i'm having the exact same problem. although if you picture them centered... it would look kinda funny IMO

I like the new skin so far. First, it looks very professional IMO. The images to the left of the topics that say "OCC" are very nice as well (I hated those old ones). The darker blue is very nice to have the orange text on. I think it'll take time to get used to, but initially, I'm going to give it thumbs up!

:lol:

i'm having the exact same problem. although if you picture them centered... it would look kinda funny IMO

I certainly wouldn't want them centered. That would really confuse me! :lol: If they're moved, they'd have to go all the way to the right. Of course, "Logged in as:" would definitely have to stay on the left.

I certainly wouldn't want them centered. That would really confuse me! :lol: If they're moved, they'd have to go all the way to the right. Of course, "Logged in as:" would definitely have to stay on the left.

yea, i definitely know what you mean, and i agree. I'll work on getting that changed ;)

i agree with the add reply thing, we'll try and get that added back in.

but neither bosco or I can think of what the welcome bar is you're talking about...

Do you perhaps you have screen shot?

Hopefully this link works.

Here

The welcome bar is where there is information right there, it was a nice feature when it was on, then after a couple updates ago it was no longer there.

I think people need to stop butt-kissing. Instead of simply saying "wow, it's great", why don't you actually state what you like about the new look better than the one 2 hours ago. I gave several reasons as to why it's worse and needs touching up...I'm not saying to go back to the old look, but if you people have any sense, you'd see it's not perfect, so stop acting like it is. Bosco can take constructive criticism, he's a big boy :P

So agreeing that it looks good is considered butt kissing then? Why must we list the things that look better instead of just agreeing that it does? I don't have a problem with the suggestions people are making personally, but I did get offended when nvidia said that they are trying to destroy the site. You're kind of criticism is helpful clay, because there is reason behind it and it is specific. But nvidias criticism was not constructive and was just rude.

Personally though? I like the colors better. I like the rounded instead of square buttons, I like all the silver (as grey and silver are my favorite colors) and I think that I have seen a lot worse looking forums in my day. So overall I would agree that it looks better. Is it perfect? No, of course their's always things that can be tweeked just right, or moved just a little, but aside from that I think the site has made a very positive change and if there is a problem, let's bring it up!! :) But I think we can all agree that we need no more of this "you're ruining the site" kind of thing(looking at you nvidia), that kind of thing is just not helpful.

And since we're taking the time to critisize some stuff, I will add that when you are sending a personal message, it would be nice to have some kind of a border around the 'send' 'preview' 'save' buttons instead of having them just blend into the background. It's not really functionally necessary, but it would give the buttons a definite start and finish, and without that, it's more like a link than a button.

The "New", "Read" and "Closed" things look a little to similar. Other than that I think I can get used to it.

Also, the add reply blends in to much. I almost couldn't find it at first.

One bug is that in Opera if you have "Fit to Width" set than the blue right underneath the "Home, Rules, Help, etc...." part is grey. I realize that I'm probably one of the few that use Opera with Fit to Width so I'll deal with it, but just thought I would let you know.

Also, on another note. Does this mean there is no winner from the logo contest?

This defently is a good step in the right direction guys...too bad there wasnt a winner in the occ logo contest...there were quite a few good looking logos but like it was said alot through the contest, nothing really screamed "OCC!"