Overclocker16

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not liking the new look so far.

1. It was better with light blue borders around the posts because it was more subtle...the white just stands out too much and makes it look like you're reading an excel spreadsheet.

2. Not a fan of the new "Edit" "+Quote" and "Reply" buttons. They just seem out of place...they're rounded and shaded when nothing else is, and they're also rather small. I think they should match the "FastReply", "AddReply" and "NewTopic" buttons like they used to.

3. All of the above is aesthetic and thus a matter of opinion, but the thing that disappoints me the most are the new icons for posts. I always go to the "View New Posts" option, and I liked how there was a little arrow in the icons for the threads I've posted in already (it lets me know if my name isn't the last poster, then I should check out the thread because maybe someone replied to something I said). Anywho, I don't see that anymore. I took a look at the names of some of the icons and there are ones that end in "dot.gif", but I don't see any discernible dot, so I don't know if the wrong images were uploaded or what. So hopefully that'll be changed :).

4. Lastly, the new logo/banner up top. I don't know if that's what you're sticking with, but why is that blue different than every other blue on the site? It just doesn't look right....stands out in a bad way. Can you change the background to the 00024A?

EDIT:

5. When using "FastReply", there aren't really "buttons" anymore, just clickable text (to add reply, have more options, etc.). Kinda odd.

I'm a big fan of the new look. I like all the additions and haven't found anything yet that looks out of place. I'm thinking also that the reason the top blue is different is because it creates a kind of seperation between the top and the rest of the page. Otherwise I think everything would look like it's floating at the top of the page.

Why can't we just stick with the original colours?

My opinion of the new forum colours is the exact same as my opinion of the front page. Go dig around the thread for that if you want to go see it.

In short, it seems like you guys are trying to destroy the place, not keep it alive. Too much silver and too flashy icons; looks attention whore-ish just like the front page. <_<

Edit- Way too crowded too.

Destroy the place... funny, you expect us to listen with that attitude? right <_<

don't listen to him bosco, at least not until he's constructive with his critisism. Some people just don't deal with change well.

Also, if you take a look at the waybackmachine I would say we don't want to be going back to this place.

Besides, ever since 2002 there haven't really been that many "drastic" updates to the site. And frankly, I think it was past due time for a change. But then again, I may be alone in that assumption...