Behind The Names

cybergrunt69

Well kinda lame but I have used the handle SmokinU for a long time now. First got the name back in the days of the commendor 64 and playing the game "PIRATES"...

My dad would watch me play sometimes and say smoke that mofo (lots of cursing) cause he tended to get exicted like a big kid so thats how it began. Games, drag racing, target pratice, hunting, everything I got into someone refered to me as smoking so it kinda stuck. Thats about it.

Oh and I smoke alot

Edited by SmokinU

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a big music fan and Pink Floyd are probably my all time favourite band - 'Dark Side of the Moon' is the soundtrack to my life and if I could only have one piece of music, this would be it. From that album I have chosen 'The Great Gig in the Sky' as the music I want played when I go...... It moves me to tears when I hear it live, an amazing timeless instrumental vocal, that was improvised by the original artist Clare Torry. I also use it on another Floyd fan forum, so I thought I would stick with it.

For some reason my Avatar doesn't work properly under my user name, it's supposed to revolve showing a Dark Side to the Moon like this!

moon.gif

What format is your avatar? It should be fine as a GIF ... many other users have animated GIF files in their avatars.

It is a GIF, just sussed it, it's too big so obviously doesn't work when reduced to 90x90 - it's 100x100 and just tried to resize it, but that didn't work either - never mind.

It is a GIF, just sussed it, it's too big so obviously doesn't work when reduced to 90x90 - it's 100x100 and just tried to resize it, but that didn't work either - never mind.
Yo!

Use this:

I just tried it and it works...

Edited by Andrewr05

• 1 month later...

Mine comes from the first letters in my name,

James Hostetler

Jhester because I'm a laid back and kinda funny guy. Well, my first ex-girlfriend thought so anyways! :D

I go by a few handles in-game actually:

Jhester

Ego

Vault

Bishop (I saw someone else had this name)

Zeus

Irenicus (From Balder's Gate II)

Joneleth (From Balder's Gate II)

and I've used others, I'm sure.

I know one thing! The coolest handle I've ever seen was: Floyd the Cat

Edited by Jhester

Mine came partially from a friends nick.... Also because no one is a Computer Expert so its an oxymoron.

So Clay I didn't see one for you in this thread and I can already tell this is not the original thread.