cybergrunt69

Behind The Names

About 7 years ago when I was getting started in TFC (best online FPS ever invented btw) I needed a name and I was interested in my dad shooting his bow so I typed Archer and to be sure it was not taken I added the zz. Since then I have used it for almost everything. Except for gmail some sob stole my name. And I have been trying to come up with a new one because people dont pronounce it right becuase the z's are attached to the Archer part so they pronouce it something like Archezz and It angers me.

well, i used to go by Drizzown because I was signing up for AOL 4.0 and needed a screen name and had Doggystyle on in the background and Snoop hollered out "G's up Hoes down, if that classy lady cant swim, then she bound to drizown" and I said "ok, wtf ever" and used it. Later I got tired of explaining it and was signing up for hotmail and tried to use cdogg (first initial, then dogg, because I was always after the ladies) and it was taken. So i kept the "own" and went with cdoggown.

I signed up for EA online after I bought NBA Live 2005 and needed a handle, and got tired of people asking me why a dog would need a gown, which, in hindsight, I suppose makes perfect sense, so now whenever I game its usually CaddyShaq81.

hehe long story :

way back i started gaming in MechWarrior 2 i used the name 'daswrexit' - my initials + wrexit - cause i always blew the ever living crap outa everything using everything all at once - which hardcore players didnt like - alpha strike blew the crap outta any target - while i shut down and flushed my coolant - they simply just blew up...... when mechwarrior 3 came out i continued using this name till i joined a clan on the MSN gaming zone called Hunterz in Exile.... where as on the zone lobbies i constantly played head games with the people that actually thought they were going to personally come over to peoples houses and inflict pain..... i learned of a device that allows brainwaves to be conducted through an amplifier to control devices on a computer - named "Mind Drive" .... since i had a bling computer for its time - i usually was the one hosting games so my screen name was HnE_MindDriver i started playing rogue spear on the msn gaming zone for a while and started a clan called "Delta shadow Force" and my name changed to DsF_MindDrive.... that when on for a while then i started joining forums and whatnot most of which didnt like the long name so i dumped the clan tags and just go by MindDrive cause anyone can "beat the crap" outta someone - its those that can dig into someones psyche and obliterate their existance with words that do the real damage ;) and being able to control technology with mere thoughts alone is still a wicked concept ----

VR babee VR !!! the matrix is upon us

Edited by MindDrive

diablo 1 needed a name, Muddy was a cool name and i have used it ever since

I was wondering where the heck some people came up with their usernames.  There's almost always a story behind the names, so give it - where/when/why/how did you pick the name you're using on OCC?

Since I'm asking, I suppose I'll go first...

cybergrunt was a name I was given when I was in infantry (aka grunt), then when it was time to get out, I switched to a sysadmin job.  It's a bit of a change of pace, and they didn't know what to do with me the people in those kind of jobs generally don't mix well...  :ph34r:  Anywho, I needed a nick when we started playing lan games (timeframe reference: duke3d, rott) so I got stuck with the name cybergrunt, and it's just kinda hung around since.  I had to put some numbers at the end when I got my first webmail account, so there it went. 

we already got a quick brief from Lo in another thread (which kinda sparked this one) - how about the rest of you?

535104[/snapback]

Machiavellianism; From The Prince

Those states that are governed by a prince and his servants hold their prince in more consideration, because in all the country there is no one who is recognized as superior to him, and if they yield obedience to another they do it as to a minister and official, and they do not bear him any particular affection.

<first three letters of my first name, I never really cared enough to think of some werid name or what not...

<first three letters of my first name, I never really cared enough to think of some werid name or what not...

576467[/snapback]

I can't do that.... Bra. (Brandon) :D:lol:

its my name...

Propane, very long night at a LAN party... thats how it came about...

Well, i go by two aliases on OCC, blue cow, and untill may, snootywaiter. I was banned under that account (please don't re-ban me ive done nothing wrong :() but blue cow is a variation of my favourite drink at the time. RedBull. get it? yeah. i never go by that.

I usually go by snootywaiter. ive had that alias since i got my first hotmail account when i was 8. I picked it because ferris beuler's day off was the best (and still is the best) movie of all time. And theres that waiter in it and he's asking if he has to get snooty, then snotty, and you know how it goes. I just picked up snootywaiter and stuck with it ever since. dang, ive had the same handle for the last 7 years.... half of my life.... Thats a freakin long time!

anyways, please don't re-ban me. I <3 OCC with all of my heart :)

Ukjent goes all the way back to starcraft. I wanted the nick Unknown, but it was taken, so i used some language translators to see how unknown was spelled in other languages. So, I came across UkJenT, and I have stuck with it ever since.

YeSu is my directly translated Chinese name. YeSu sounds so cool. haha... Just like my English/Spanish/Hebrew spelled name. haha.

hmmm Dr_Frankenstein i kinda just used it because know one else seems too! I used to go by the nick of voodooboy3000 but Dr_Frankenstein sounds better and gives me a kinda theme to my nick