Behind The Names

cybergrunt69

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My name comes from my favorite guitarist, Yngwie Malmsteen.

Last year a friend and I were trying to find a way to avoid taxes after high school. So we decided we'd create the Church of Malmsteen. Of course we never actually did it, but we told people that we worshiped Malmsteen.

Church of Malmsteen LOL.

We had a guy in our town who tried to start a church for the same reason. He called it the First Unified Church of Kent. He gave up when the State wouldn't issue a vanity license plate bearing the church's initials. :lol: True.

As I am a huge fan of WWII, especially the Pacific Theater, my name derives from one of the scout planes used during the war.

I play wargames and always liked how one of my games utilized these planes.

The clincher came when I was visiting a friend and she had a clock on the wall, on the hour a different bird would "sing".

It happened to be 9 pm and the Kingfisher was chirping.

Sappy yes, but fateful! :blink:

First, nice to get the update and I've not been around for a long time. Joined a year or two ago to get some OC advice, and got some great help. Built my own comp.

Around 2001 I was playing a lot of DoD. Out of nowhere came the name for a German soldier....Juergen Hoff! I got a lot of laughs with that one.

My nick for this forum is, of course, my cousin's name, so I can remember it easily.

My current gaming name (back to DoD again) is Randy_Poppadoo, which is the rythm line in a 60's R&B song.

Renigade is my Florida State booster level of donadtion. $300 a year.

Rev. = I am a Pastor :)

Not too clever is it? :rolleyes:

???

Dude what kinda pastor are you with a mutilated/mutated kitten as you avatar ? ROFLMAO !

My name is Callum. One day in primary school we were using flash cards, and the little pouches we kept them in were made by a company called Calcard. seeing as most of my friends shortened my name to cal anyway, they just put the card on the end. the 94 came along when i made my first yahoo email account and calcard was taken, calcard94 was one of the suggestions :) allof my usernames everywhere are calcard94, but if i can have a different nick to username, i have is as Kaldo, which ne of my friends at high school call me. I haven't changed it on forums so that people dont forget who I am :)

well, there you have it. my nick is after a company that makes pouches for business cards <victory cheer>

-Cal

Actually, my Nick is from way back when I joined Xfire.

It was one of the first programs that I installed on my very first PC. :rolleyes:

I am an avid Fantasy reader. After finishing the Sword of Shannara series, The one book that stuck in my memory was Wishsong of Shannara. The Prince of Leah has been given the sword of his fathers. The sword is dipped in the waters of the HadesHorn and infused with the ability to cut through magic as well as flesh.

It goes from an old polished broadsword to a Magic infused EbonyBlade!

• 3 weeks later...