What Brands To Stay Away From

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ecs and pc-chips have gotta be the worst i've come across... that was down to almost no options in the bios... maybe they make boards with oc options, but even if they do they're probably donkeys at oc-ing...

some dude on here hates his biostar... i guess the el-cheapo section of anywhere is best avoided if you wanna oc... they're probably alright for running at stock (eg. home theatre pc running stock speed so you can have silent cooling, save a bit on motherboard, spend a bit extra on a remote control for your pc! :D)

lol airman

B.O.T:

boards i try to stay awayfrom unless forced to use. (in order from crappiest to crappy)

ASSrock

PCchips

ECS elitegroup

Xfx

Jetway (neverheard of them until about 2 weeks ago)

SOYO

EPoX

MSI

asus (have had some kind of trouble out of every asus product, that i have bought...not just mobos)......besides the CUSL2-C (kick arse PIII board)

boards i like from best to least

DFI

Gigabyte

Abit

Shuttle

after all the headaches ive had from asus in the last year id say stay far far away from there boards.

id recomend in no particular order chaintec,msi ( for intel or athlon64rigs), abit (my favorite), dfi has really come up in the last year and if these other mobo makers dont catch on i got a feeling dfi is going to own the oc'er market soon. gigabyte for stability and mild oc's with lots of extra board features. epox has sliped here recently but anything new from them should be a ocing monster, ohh and shuttle mainboards cant be beat for the price and oc abilitys thou mild