What Brands To Stay Away From

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ecs and pc-chips have gotta be the worst i've come across... that was down to almost no options in the bios... maybe they make boards with oc options, but even if they do they're probably donkeys at oc-ing...

some dude on here hates his biostar... i guess the el-cheapo section of anywhere is best avoided if you wanna oc... they're probably alright for running at stock (eg. home theatre pc running stock speed so you can have silent cooling, save a bit on motherboard, spend a bit extra on a remote control for your pc! :D)

I had a Biostar with a K62-450 and it was rotten. I called for support and they shouted that there was no bios update available and slammed the phone down on me. I'll never buy another Biostar.

My Good Experiences:

ASUS, ABIT, BIOSTAR, ECS(there nice but have no/ crappy OC options)

My Bad Experiences:

DFI (The lan party boards, there BIOS is way to touchy, dont buy one until that problem is totally gone)

Biostar does have crappy tech support. An e-mail from them when I asked about the J1394 header on the M7NCD:

"IT DOESN'T SUPPORT FIREWIRE YOU IDIOT!"

I swear he said that. Obviously I wasn't all too pleased. I didn't report him to BS, since he only provided his first name, "Michael".