Troublesome Mom

Newport

wow, no one actually suggested my idea...

solve the problem rather than trying to counter-act it...

no security, passwords, crazy screensavers, or anything like that...

TALK to your mum, don't be arsey with her, just be firm in telling her that you really don't think it's right with her printing out all the information about your computer in a calm voice, so no whining, no raising the pitch/volume of your voice, just straight talking without even a hint of whining or shouting... compare it to reading someone's diary, birds can relate to that...

either that or get a coupla birds back in the house for a menage-

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, you guys have it tough.

I must have the coolest parents in the world or something, or maybe they dont give e dang lol. Saying that, im 22 now, but even when i was 16 they'd never dream of going through my personal stuff. Hell, they wouldn't even go in my room. They still dont. Silverfox is right, sponge all you can, thats what i do. It gives me the freedom to buy any parts i want and not worry about being broke.

I would do what nrg said. Talk to her, tell her you dont think she should be invading your privacy like that. Ask her if she would like you going through all her personal details. If she still doesnt get it, start yelling at her and tell her to get off her fat . and get a .*** job!! :D

if my parents even remotely thought they had the power to touch my computer for any reason other then to save it because the house is on fire...i'd take their cars out racin' or somethin... without hesitation...laws aside... my personal property is my personal property and if they wanna touch it then i'm gonna touch theirs...i prefer the fight fire with fire method...

screensaver passwords are pointless. i always restarted the machine to get around that one.

oops.

mooching is a good way to keep money, but talking is the best option. maybe she's having a hard time too - go about it with some tact and be nice to her - that way she'll get the idea that you have nothing to hide

Sometimes talking to parents dosn't help at all.

I tried talking to my mom about how it irritated me when she read my private convo's with my beloved Emily. What did she say?

"If it has to do with me, then I have all rights to read it."

Fact:

5/50 convo's with Emily were about my mom. And those were when she wasn't around.

Fact:

When she asked to talk to Emily, I let her, but I first closed the window out and then opened up a new one because I don't want her reading my private convo's with her. And it didn't have anything to do with my mom. What did she do? She bitched at me, and when I wanted to read her convo with Emily(which was about me, according to what she copied and pasted), she bitched at me then, saying that because I didn't want her to read my other convo's I shouldn't have the right to read her convo's with Emily.

Conclusion: Parents can be .. But they buy you free pop and give you a place to live. Live with them untill you're at least 18, then try moving out.

I guess I'm lucky my parents aren't like that, occassionally my dad will make sure I'm not completely filling my computer with inapropriate material and that's it.

I would really suggest just talking... maturely. If that doesn't work, password protect like mad!

I know how to fix your problem sorry if someone said this I did not want to read all the pages. Just get 1 HDD for windows and get another big one and hide it using this walk though from tech TV:

http://www.g4techtv.com/screensavers/featu...our_Drives.html

If the link does not work try it twice i know that sounds stupid but it works for me.