Troublesome Mom

Newport

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would just password your Windows account. Then when you log off, she would need the pasword to get on. And if you have Folding running as a service, it will still fold when you're logged out.

How can i set it up as a service?

just set a password on your user account in windows. That is what I did, and I just hit the screensaver, or lock workstation button on my comp, and it will lock it, still connected to internet, and fold, whatever, just needs a password to access it again. This also makes it have a password when you login, so if they try to reboot, it will still be locked.

Also in version 4, i'm nto sure about 5, but they have an advanced option about running in backround. Oh, whoever mentioned the old style login, how do it do that. I think that is what mine used to be like, and I cant remember how to get back to it, because I dont like the win logon splash screen.

Thanks for all the replies. I am just gonna put a password on my acount... the only one and hit switch users when i am not at my comp. If she wants on my computer, she can either use my notebook or shove it. I have gone far enough with this.

any files that are personal - password protect in an archive like winzip/winrar, or if it is word, password protect it that way.

or you you could use encryption. if she gets suspicious, tell her that what you write is personal and she should respect that!

any files that are personal - password protect in an archive like winzip/winrar, or if it is word, password protect it that way.

or you you could use encryption. if she gets suspicious, tell her that what you write is personal and she should respect that!

Well that would be kinda hard for me to password my files seeing that she looks at my internet history, and just about every folder when i am at school/work... You wonder how she has all this free time? Well she has been jobless for 4 months relying on me and unemployement pay to pay for bills. I have to do all that on top of constant interrigations about my files... UGGG!

well, clear the history and set temp internet files to delete after 1 day or do it manually. you can still add the files to an archive and delete the orignals. when you make the archive, slap a mad password on it (random numbers and letters....brute force would take ages if its more than 7 characters that are mixed). trust me, it works!